Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gilbert
Journeyman III

radeon software desinstallation

Hello

My computer runs Windows 10.

I started the desinstallation of Radeon software but it keeps on running at 0% and never stops. What can I do?

Regards

0 Likes
8 Replies

How/where are you uninstalling driver/software from, some more INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION may help someone offer suggestions.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
gilbert
Journeyman III

My computer is an Acer Aspire V5 with Windows 10.

The version of AMD software is "19.5.2".

I opened the Windows parameters window, went into the applications list. There I found the "AMD software" entry. There is a "desinstall" button. The AMD Radeon window opened, saying that the desinstallation process runs and showing the progress.

The progress stays forever at 0%.

0 Likes

Use DDU (Display driver uninstaller) to remove the drivers, as software are bundled with the graphics driver, once you uninstalled the graphics driver, the software will automatically removed.

If I uninstall the graphics driver, will my computer still work correctly?

0 Likes

You may be trying to install the wrong driver...who knows? https://community.amd.com/thread/196209 

AMD graphics card?

Processor/APU ?

0 Likes

In fact I wanted to desinstall because everything went wrong in my computer after an update from AMD of the Radeon software.

I started the desinstallation and had to kill it with the task manager after hours at 0% progress.

I finally made a system restore at a previous point to make my computer work correctly. I had to do the AMD software update again and this time everything seems to work fine.

Thanks to all for your help!

0 Likes

"desinstall" = uninstall for those who did not understand

0 Likes

Yes, I meant uninstalling, sorry for my bad english.

0 Likes