cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

milek86
Journeyman III

Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding...

(it's not the first time it happened) Recently my screen went black for a second, in event viewer it's ID 4101 Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered. The fan ramps up a bit when the screen is black and then I can't open radeon settings. After restarting it goes to default.

It happens after exiting a game, this time it was a very not-intensive one. In games like AC origins everything is fine.

I have a Ryzen 5 3600, B450M gaming plus

RX 5700 XT 19.9.1

PSU - Thermaltake Toughpower 650W 80+ gold

I bought it a month ago and it's driving me nuts please help

0 Likes
8 Replies
chaitanya
Adept II

Hi @milek86,

1. Uninstall drivers with DDU in OS safe mode(you can find it in DDU settings).
2. 19.9.2 drivers are out :  driver, can you please try them out ?

If you are still experiencing BSOD's, list out the games in which you are seeing the most and the repro steps.

Thanks,
Chaitanya krishna.

0 Likes
icrysysi
Journeyman III

the final solution:

you need 2 single wire x 8 pins from power supply to graphic card, if you connect 1 wire x16pins, doesnt work.

Solución "El controlador de pantalla dejó de funcionar y - Microsoft Community 

Im Engipi.

0 Likes

dude what are you talking about, if it wasn't connected then the computer wouldn't even post

btw connectors on this card are 8-pin + 6-pin

after a few months it turned out to be just a software issue, the card is working 100% fine now - i'm using 19.10.2

0 Likes

you don't understand nothing, the message i linked its solved your problem you dont need old drivers. you need modular psu. you are talking with a computer architecture technician.

0 Likes

I already have one

0 Likes

and how have connection? your 8 pins + 6 pins, with psu? a single wire?

0 Likes

single wire because there's seriously no need for 2 wires, the psu has a single rail

now after a few software updates i don't have any problems with the card

0 Likes

updated solution, now it's solved, click link, good luck.

0 Likes