AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ryzen 5 2600 fan failure

Question asked by johndervishi on Sep 11, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 12, 2019 by hardcoregames™

Hi! I'm trying to build my first pc ever. I got all the parts from amazon italy and tried to put them together with my brother today by following product guidelines and some videos. We were overly excited at this point.

Everything seemed to work when turned on. The motherboard orange light turned on and the case fans started spining, except for the stock CPU fan, which spins for a second when I press the power button and then stops. When I checked the stats in the BIOS everything seemed to work just fine, it showed 5 fans (4 in the case and the fifth being the CPU fan I guess) except for the CPU stock fan which was listed as a failure. The LEDs of the case fans also shut down along with the CPU fan, even though they themselves keep spinning.

I was gonna install windows right after that, but I was scared to let the cpu get too hot, as it wasn't being cooled at all, so I turned it off. I've checked every cable mulptile times, the 8pin power supply cable on CPU and 24 pin on MOBO seem solid, so do the screws of the cooler and the cooler cord on the 'CPU FAN' pin. I put everything on its own place, following the MOBO guidelines, so as you can imagine I'm left very confused.

I'm quite new at this guys, I'd appreciate all the help you can think of. Please let me know if there's anything I can do, before I contact AMD support and try to report the fan as faulty. I also wanna add to this that the package of the CPU was sliced in the top side, I even took a photo of it, and the CPU chip had a small mark on top, even though I bought it as a new part.

Parts:

AMD RYZEN 5 2600 

MOBO Gigabyte B450M DS3H

One: GSkill RAM 8GB  3000

GPU RADEON PowerColor AXRX 580 8GB

POWER SUPPLY Corsair 650M, Gold, 650 W

HDD 2 TB + SSD 120GB

Outcomes