AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can I install latest AMD chipset drivers for Ryzen 2600?

Question asked by darkbeast on Sep 11, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 11, 2019 by black_zion

AMD released chipset driver ver. 1.8.19.0915 on 8/19/2019 which is newer than what I downloaded from my motherboard's site. AMD's page has barely any description other than saying it has Windows® 7/10 support for 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor and B450 chipset. 

Guru3d also hosts this file and it has descriptions on its page AMD Chipset Drivers Download v1.8.19.0915 .

At the bottom where it says Change Info:

Will enable an updated AMD Ryzen Balanced power plan to resolve the issue. In addition, a new AMD Ryzen Master (version 2.0.0.1225+) is updated with new voltage and temperature reporting methodologies that more realistically demonstrate CPU behaviour. Please note users of previous generation AMD Ryzen™ products do not require this update so a chipset driver install is not necessary. This new chipset driver also contains a beta solution for Destiny 2, resolving an issue in which some users were unable to launch the game. Note, to address other software titles that may be affected, a more comprehensive solution will be contained in the upcoming AGESA 1003ABB production BIOSes from AM4 motherboard manufacturers. These will be available in a few weeks upon completion of QA testing.

That part I highlighted says previous gen Ryzens don't need the chipset driver install but under Descriptions it has support for 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen Desktop Processor and my B450 chipset. So should I update the chipset drivers and is it safe to do so? The chipset drivers might have updates for other things besides what's mentioned in the change info right?

Outcomes