AnsweredAssumed Answered

Return RX 5700 XT or Wait For Driver Fixes?

Question asked by he3ck on Sep 9, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 10, 2019 by edmondvonersung

So I bought my rx 5700 xt a bit ago and I'm nearing the latest date I have to return it. There's been so many problems with this card I'm considering returning it and buying a gtx 2070. I'm curious for you guy's opinions on what I should do. Should I just wait for the problems to be fixed or should I get out while I still can? Its been about a month since someone posted about having a problem and it still isn't fixed, I still can't play some games, my freesync is completely broken, vsync still locks me to 30 fps at ultrawide, and I still will randomly CTD/BSOD either gaming or just browsing. If anyone has an idea about how long fixes will take to come through please let me know too. I hope I don't have to return it since I still want freesync and its an extra $100 to upgrade to a 2070 but if these problems are going to stay for quite sometime I think I might have to. Who knows, maybe suggesting I'll be switching to Nvidia will get someone at amd to realize they need to get their stuff together

Outcomes