cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

johnny19734
Adept I

5700xt vsync not working "in game"

I have the new 5700xt and I cannot enable v-sync "in game" It cuts the frame rate to 37 fps.

• My Monitor is an LG 34WK500-P @ 75hz FreeSync via HDMI

I've recently learned that the "AMD driver v-sync" setting only works on open-GL enabled games which is bizarre.

Really?

Currently my best setup is:

• FreeSync on w/v-sync on in the AMD driver.
  • V-sync completely off in game.
  • If the game lets me, cap at 73 to let Freesync do its thing.

Unfortunately if the game doesn't natively let me cap my frames specifically two frames below 75, then it's no good and I'd rather use v-sync.

• FYI, my driver is 19.9.1

Does AMD plan to address this? If so, when? Is anyone having the same issue? 

0 Likes
4 Replies
johnny19734
Adept I

Quick Update:

So I used an old monitor. ASUS 60hz run of the mill monitor. V-sync works fine, same connection. 

It seems the 5700xt cannot read the LG Freesync controllers properly. My old Nvidia 2060 did just fine. This is definitely a driver issue. Bad news for LG monitor owners   

AMD, please fix this ASAP. 

0 Likes

OMG, I figured it out. It's the 21:9 aspect ratio for LG UltraWides! If you set it to 1920X1080 there is no problem! This is a driver issue   I hope this helps some folks. 

0 Likes

Actually, I was able to hack this. If you create a custom resolution w/ either CRU and or within the AMD driver, it fixes the issue. Just make the same native res and HZ then reboot.  I was able to V-Sync game with-in game. It really works. 5700xt cannot read the Ultrawide monitors correctly. If you don't want to wait go for it.

0 Likes

Actually, I was able to hack this. If you create a custom resolution w/ either CRU and or within the AMD driver, it fixes the issue. Just make the same native res and HZ then reboot.  I was able to V-Sync game with-in game. It really works. 5700xt cannot read the Ultrawide monitors correctly. If you don't want to wait go for it.

0 Likes