cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

maxrealliti
Adept II

Overclocking memory on drivers gives a blue screen or closes applications

Good afternoon, I encountered a problem with any overclocking. The memory on the risen processor is unstable, although it takes 4 hours to stress test in prime95, the gskill 3200 xmp memory only works normally at 2133, it either displays a blue screen or closes 3d applications, tried different drivers and versions BIOS on the asus c6h motherboard, until recently, everything was fine; memory is chasing up to 3466 with timings 16-17-18-18-36-64-1t, I can’t find the problem, who faced this problem and found a solution, tell me, Windows version 1903 assembly 18362.329, video card vega 64 lc,periodically every 15-30 minutes it makes either a shutdown or a blue screen, but only when opening 3d applications it is very rare in idle mode, the power consumption mode is bitsum highest performance

0 Likes
2 Replies
maxrealliti
Adept II

The 1800x processor overclocked at 4 GHz at a voltage of 1.425 V, due to these constant errors the display port on the C32HG70QQI monitor burned out, the monitor was made under warranty, if the drivers are not fixed, I think and something will happen to my equipment again I will make a claim to the company

0 Likes

There is never any guarantee of overclocking on any hardware. It's why the call it the silicon lottery. Memory on Ryzen is particularly picky. Are you using memory from the compatibility list for your motherboard? If not be glad you are getting default speed. I would stick to trying over clocks with CPU not memory. OC the memory doesn't turn into very meaningful increases in performance above 3000 anyway. So OC clocks really are just putting unneeded stress on the memory and adding to system instability as you are encountering.  Your mileage will always vary when it comes to overclocking from no ability to OC to maybe as much as 25% but nobody guarantees where it will fall. Me personally I always take as much of a free overclock as I can get without raising voltage. Doing that really isn't hurting anything as you are not raising voltage thus is really in the operating range for your chip. Now if you have to push more voltage then you are beginning to shorten the life of the chip. It's kind of like pushing a door open with someone pushing back from the other side. Once you start raising voltage that isn't infinite either you will reach a point that it won't be stable and at that point are likely really shortening the life of the chip. Now if you only are going to use a chip a couple years then this really isn't an issue but instability is. So you have to find a happy medium and sometime that means no OC at all. Again no guarantees as to how that plays out. It is possible as new bios come out for your MB that better compatibility can happen with your ram. So you certainly can try to find that stability point again with every new bios release. 

0 Likes