dar.

Genuine help please !

Discussion created by dar. on Sep 5, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 7, 2019 by dar.
I am looking to build an AMD machine again after 7 years with Intel, my last AMD build was an Gigabyte A75-UD4H (socket FM1) and A8-3850 Cpu.
So as you can see I'm well behind with the latest upgrades.

I am going to buy the Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro motherboard and the Ryzen 5 2400g Cpu, I know these are outdated by the X570 boards but I have no intension to overclock and cannot see the point at the moment of PCI-e 4.
So to my questions :
What is Ryzen Master ? I have looked and it seems to be a tool to overclock  ? is that all or does it do useful stuff as well, and do I need it ?
When I last used AMD chipset drivers AMD themselves were saying not to install the SATA drivers and use the default Windows drivers is this still the case ?
As I will be using a Cpu/Gpu are the video drivers still included in the chipset drivers or is it separate now ?
I have read Ryzen runs hot I will be using a Corsair H60 (with 2nd fan) so I'm assuming I'll be ok on temperatures ?
And lastly Ram for Ryzen seems to be a minefield I know I need fast ram and have looked at Gigabytes ram lists but can not easily find ram that matches the numbers on the lists ? Is there an easier way to do this ?
I have asked a lot of questions and hope you will be able to help with some if not all !!
Thanks.

Outcomes