deksman2

Vega 56 (Helios 500 laptop) static noise after waking up from sleep with new drivers

Discussion created by deksman2 on Sep 4, 2019
Latest reply on Dec 10, 2019 by payperplain

Ever since AMD started releasing new drivers for Navi, some Vega 56 functionality ended up seemingly broken for owners of Helios 500 laptop with Ryzen/Vega (and yes I picked Vega 56 for my drivers - obviously).

As described in the title, with newest drivers, every time I bring the laptop (Helios 500 with  Ryzen 2700 and Vega 56)  out of sleep mode, the display turns on with static noise which doesn't go away until I hard shut down the laptop and start it up again.

This issue is NOT present on 19.5.2, and 19.6.2 drivers (laptop wakes up normally after sleep with those drivers and I can resume working because I get a proper picture on the display).

I'm using Windows 10 x64 Home with latest updates.

I uploaded both a picture and a short video of the problem.

Is AMD even aware of this issue or have they simply stopped supporting/caring about Vega?

There are new games and things I'd like to use with latest drivers, but this particular problem is forcing me to remain on older drivers so I can use the sleep mode (which is kind of a deal breaker for me).

Laptop waking up from sleep with static noise on display with newest drivers

Outcomes