After 3 weeks of problems i decided to make a thread about this. I bought Nitro+ RX 580 8gb special edition (changed with my old r7 260x) and I just noticed huge stuttering / lagging ; dropping fps in some programs (ex : Youtube, Display Settings (after leaving full-screen, moving the cursor left-right it drops the frames and it starts lagging ; scrolling down have drop fps + stuttering). In games it works perfectly I dont see any stuttering / lagging or dropping fps but on Desktop its garbage. The only game that i've seen some problems is Dota2 other than that nothing. I have also done 3DMark (2 Sky Diver Screen capture - ebd19e6159b839dcb4e139d5a613b944 - Gyazo ; 1 Time Spy https://www.3dmark.com/spy/8398999 ) no problems it looks flawless.
What have I done so far ? :
- I tried doing a fresh install of Windows and only installing the latest chipset drivers and graphics drivers from the start. Still encounter the same issue.
- New and old drivers.
- Manual configuration in wattman.
- Turned Freesync OFF in monitor / AMD settings.
- Disabled HDCP Support.
- Vertical Refresh ON/OFF.
- OPENGL ON/OFF.
- Changed HDMI cables.
- Updated Windows ; Drivers
- Changed rx 580 with my old r7 260x and 260x works perfectly without any problem.
I have no idea what to do so I came here.
The only things that are changed in Wattman are Power limit to 50% and Zero RPM to off.
EDIT (2019) :
- Here is a clip what it looks like https://gyazo.com/ebd19e6159b839dcb4e139d5a613b944 https://gyazo.com/ebd19e6159b839dcb4e139d5a613b944 From 0:02 to 0:05 it looks the best, check mountains frames, after that mouse starts lagging too if i dont click anywhere or move it faster around. Also i've noticed that watching clip frames doesnt have that much lag/ frame losing than watching it from my monitor.
EDIT 2 (2019) :
- I have updated bios today then i did a clean install with AMD Cleanup Utility. It did not changed anything, still encountering the same issue.
- I noticed that my CPU base speed clock is set to 3.6 GHz (In task Manager > Performance) but when It loads up it goes up to 3.90 GHz and sometimes goes down to 3.40 GHz, should this be a problem ? I have never done OC, because im too scared to break something.
EDIT 3 (9 March 2020) :
- Since I decided to gave up on fixing this f***ing GPU, looks like I'm back trying to get more suggestions.
- Issues are the same, tried every settings that I have mentioned above.
- I have changed the Motherboard with | ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
- I have changed Memory with | Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3/4GX (16GB Total)
- I have added another SSD | Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GB
- Latest | Windows 1909 | Bios 3.00 |
- Fresh new Windows
Sorry for my bad english.