Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ivisc
Journeyman III

[Powercolor RX Vega 64] Games keep freezing and crashing

Hello Guys,

I have a problem with my RX Vega 64. My games keep crashing on me (mainly Dead by Daylight and CS:GO). 

So the game freezes for a second, then my screens all turn black (Audio of the game is still playing), after that I get thrown onto my desktop, while my game is still running (Audio is still there). The game is still running minimized and I have to force close it with the task manager. Also Wattman crashes and gets restored to default (also tried undervolting, which also didn't solve the problem)

I'm running a three screen setup, the main one is connected with a DP cable (I also replaced it once) the other two are connected with HDMI - this problem also persisted when I had a two screen setup. 

This problem was fixed for me for like 2-3 months since this week it is happening again.

System specs: 

i5-8600K - used to be overclocked but isn't anymore thought maybe that would fix it. Hint it didn't  

MSI Z370 PC 

16 GB Crucial DDR4 RAM 

Powercolor RX Vega 64 paired up with with a Corsair TX750M (750W) - This is also the recommended wattage by AMD.

Newest Version of Windows 10 Pro with the newest AMD Driver installed (19.5.2).

I hope you guys can maybe figure out what is wrong with my system. 

Thank you in advance 

iVisc

0 Likes
5 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

OC to your processor with adaptive voltage. Apply low voltage but increase the load line multiplier. Also enter the TDP limit. I am using 8600k and sharing my OC settings. Maybe it'il help.

0.png

1.png
2.png
3.png

After performing OC on your processor, do it to the stabilization test. I use Prime95 and FurMark Cpu Burner.

0 Likes
ivisc
Journeyman III

Hello, 

Thank you for your answer. I tried that yesterday, didn't work for me. I now reset all my BIOS settings and testing currently. But a real fix would still great. 

0 Likes

I just sent the sample. The settings that work for me may not work for you. I hope you can solve the problem and increase speed of your processor at a good level.

0 Likes

Tbh I just want to play my games, the stock speed of the processor is enough for now until my games run stable. I also didn't just copy the settings I tired like 4 levels of load line and decreased the frequency.

0 Likes

Perform a stabilization test with FurMark. Use the processor in the default settings. If 15-minute test for 800x600 resolution without AA and with 8x AA have not any problem, you probably don't have a hardware problem. I think you can run games stably. And if there is a problem with a game, it would be more thing to look elsewhere.

0 Likes