AnsweredAssumed Answered

RX 5700 messed up my whole computer?

Question asked by laptel on Aug 30, 2019

The issue is that now that my new graphic card is installed, my computer is lagging a lot (even just on the desktop). Also, every application whatsoever get some freeze that last for a few second.

How it happend:
I've installed my new graphic card yesterday. It replaced and old Nvidia graphic card; so I had to get a better power source in my computer. After removing old graphic drivers, i properly changed my alimentation, and then I switched to my new graphic card.  At this point, i launched the computer, but the video output only went from my motherboard integrated graphics. Now, everytime i start my computer it take several minute for the graphic card to actually start sending any HDMI output. Also, the harddrive stay at 100% of usage for the first 10 minutes after i started the computer ( it never did this before)
Now, while in game, it seems that i definitely got a huge power upgrade (went from 50+ fps to more than 240 in fortnite) but even so, I still got the big freezes i mentionned earlier; and very often the game just crash; just shutting down the monitor, and forcing me to force restart the computer.

What I already tried:
I downloaded these drivers from this website: "Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.8.2 Optional"
Clearly improved the FPS in game, but didn't correct the problem

Total cleanup and windows reinstall: Seeing that the harddrive seemed to be bugged, I cleaned it; and even tried a second one from another computer.
Neither fixed the problem.

So now, i have a very slow to start, freezing and often crashing computer; that can support high graphic, but can't hold for long for some obscure reason.

Outcomes