Journeyman III

vega 64 driver update, system runs slow

Build Includes:

Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha w/Threadripper 2950X

128GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill Ram

2 Asus Strix Vega 64 Video Cards

Sound Blaster X-Fi

2 Samsung 970 Evo 1TB NVMe M.2 drives

Seasonic 1300W Prime Titanium Power Supply.

Here is the issue I run into. Currently my system is stable if i run the 19.4.1 version of the Adrenaline drivers. Chipset drivers...doesn't matter, that doesn't seem to be an issue. Have tried installing anything past 19.4.1 on a fresh install or my current config (have a bare metal recovery of the machine when needed)

Computer for the first boot or two will run completely fine. After that or after a power down, computer will boot up, windows will boot up but everything is VERY laggy and eventually if i try and do too many things on it, it will lock up. 

Do a DDU or amd uninistall of newer driver, install 19.4.1, runs completely fine again. is/was there some major change between the 19.4.1 drivers and the ones following it? I'm out of ideas as to what this could be.

Fast start is disabled, a large amount of the windows services are disabled. have ran memtest on all memory on computer (don't ask me how long that took) and motherboard settings are at stock currently (not running OC on anything)

Any ideas/thoughts/input would be greatly appreciated! 

0 Likes
2 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

AMD is developing display drivers based on operating system updates. The current operating system is Windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.295. If you share your operating system information, maybe someone with knowledge of the issue can help you. Also, new Windows includes important updates for processors with too many cores. You can also ask this question to AMD. Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Likes
paradigm49
Journeyman III

My apologies for not including the system version. I am running Windows 10 Pro, version 1903 build 18362.295. I normally always keep my system up to date. Weird thing is though with all of this, i didn't have this issue with prior builds of Windows 10, it has only been with this build. 

0 Likes