cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

zovyra
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT Anniversary Edition Bootup Freeze Windows 10

When I try to boot up my computer, half of the time it will freeze on the login screen. It fixes itself when I reboot the computer, freezing roughly every other time I start up the computer. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 and I did not get any different results. I did not have this issue before upgrading my graphics card from a GTX 1070.

I also have some other issues:
Display output stops after a few hours of idling. No power saving settings are on. The computer is powered on, but does not respond to mouse or keyboard input to wake up the displays.

While playing games my graphics will run at 144FPS at 1080p on my 144Hz monitor, but after some time from 30 minutes to several hours the FPS will suddenly drop to 60 and stay locked there and then my computer will be non responsive a few minutes later. The display output cuts and my monitors detect no signal.

I am running my GPU on default settings but with an adjusted fan curve because it has overheated several times. I think it might be a hardware issue because I have been dealing with this since I got the card on 7/24 and various driver updates have not changed anything.

0 Likes
0 Replies