AnsweredAssumed Answered

VSync Always Locked To 30 FPS

Question asked by he3ck on Aug 26, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 28, 2019 by he3ck

So I've recently moved from a 1060 to rx 5700 xt because it has similar performance to the 2070 but for a much cheaper price. It was fine on paper but I've noticed that I've been having a lot of small problems that I have to try and figure out as I use my new card. I know that amd drivers aren't the greatest thing in the world and I've been noticing that more and more. The problem I have right now is that whenever I enable v sync in a game it caps my fps to 30. I obviously don't want this since I just spent $400 on my new card and want to be getting a full 60 fps (2560x1080p). I can get around this problem by enabling the enhanced sync option but for some games (I've noticed mainly older ones), this doesn't do anything at all. I really noticed this problem when I tried playing doom and its adaptive sync option wasn't working for whatever reason, but when I turned vsync on my game was automatically capped to 30fps. All the questions that people have asked before seem to be answered by "your system can't run it at 60 fps so it just brings it down to 30". But if my ryzen 5 1600 and rx 5700 xt can't run doom at 60 fps (it can just fine I get 70-90 when vsync is off) then I have a bigger problem on my hands. To make a long story short I'm looking for any advice anyone has to help solve this problem. If its a known driver problem or if there is a workaround, anything helps. Thanks in advance

Outcomes