cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radeon ProRender Discussion

coder7x
Adept II

AMD ProRender 2.7 not working when Upgraded from 2.6

Hi so i am having a problem with maya and pro render so i updated to the latest pro render 2.7.so i unintalled 2.6 which was working fine and installed the 2.7 but now it is giving me this error when i try to activate it in the plugin manager 

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2019/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 317: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.  (RadeonProRender)

Any one have an idea on how to fix this thanks .

0 Likes
10 Replies
david_s
Miniboss

Hi,

Was 2.7 loading at all when you first installed it? 2.7 seems to work on my side, so this is strange. It could be something locally that is causing the issue. I will go ahead and send this information to the developers, and will also try to reproduce this on my side.

could provide some more information:

1. What OS are you currently running?
2. What hardware are you using?
3. Does this happen only in Maya 2019?
4. Do you have any other 3rd partly plugins?

A few things we can try to fix the issue:

1. Unistall ProRender and clean out the registry.
2. Reset Maya Prefs to the defaults.

To do this, go to C:\Users\Name\Documents\maya\2019 and rename the Prefs folder to Prefs_old. 

This will back up your Prefs in case you want to go back to the old settings.

3. Install ProRender and launch Maya.

Make sure to select the Create default work space when prompted.
4. Try to load the plugin.

If this fails, you may try reinstalling Maya - in some cases, this helps to fix the issues.

0 Likes

Hi there thanks for the reply .I was using the 2.6 version and it was working fine .But wheni downloded the 2.7 update it dint load at all .when i try to activate from plugin in manager in give me the error that i stated above .so when i went back to install the 2.6 it loaded up fine and that is what am using now .i went through all the trouble shooting steps .i cleared my maya prefs i even uninstalled maya and re installed but still nothing .am running on windows 10 pro 1905 thanks .

0 Likes

Hi coder7,

We are trying to track down this issue, but are having some trouble reproducing it. Can you confirm that you are using an older CPU as mentioned by rjnievera? Сan you also confirm that 1905 is correct? I tried to find this OS build version on the Windows Insider and Official Microsoft sites, and couldn't find it.

0 Likes

hi there thanks very much for working on this for me i am Running windows 1903 my bad on that misinformation. My cpus are Intel xeon x5650 two of them and my gpu is amd fire-pro w7100.Please let me know if you need any other information .

0 Likes

On my end, this also happens but only on machine with older CPU (Xeon X5680). Also on Blender 2.80, the latest 2.0.112 release won't load on this CPU throwing that same traceback error posted on the Blender section. My "newer" CPU don't have this problem.

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I went ahead and sent the information you provided to the developers. Hopefully, we will find a solution for this.

rjnievera
Adept I

Latest ProRender 2.0.134 is now working on my Xeon X5670. Thanks!

Annotation 2019-09-26 211214.jpg

0 Likes

Hey i am running in maya not blender so i dont know if they fixed it yet.I havnt herd anything back 

thanks

0 Likes

Fixed with 2.7.366

david_s
Miniboss

Hi Codeer7x, 

Can you confirm the new beta builds works on your side? 

0 Likes