cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

stonie
Adept I

Vulkan support for AMD Radeon HD 8570D ?

Hi, 

i have a AMD Radeon HD 8570D. More and more games using Vulkan and i get allways error massages that i dont have Vulkan installed. So i googled it an it was said, that i cant download it manualy and i will get it over the driver installation for my graphic card. After downloading the driver for my graphic card i got still those error massages. Am i doing something wrong or is there a new driver with the Vulkan support out there ?

10 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

You are using a very old driver for 2016. Your graphics card supports Windows 10 and Vulkan. You should try to update AMD display driver.

AMD Radeon™ HD 8570 Drivers & Support | AMD 

0 Likes

Looks like you have a APU...which one?

Laptop or desktop?

OS?

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION 

https://community.amd.com/thread/207699 

0 Likes
stonie
Adept I

I have a APU in a desktop computer AMD A8-6600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs). Windows 10 is running without any Problems on my computer. 

Also i updated the Display driver now as mentioned above, but the problem with the missing Vulkan driver still exists.  

Btw thanks for your answers  

0 Likes

Can you share the error message you received?

0 Likes

It looks to me like your APU is on the supported list for Vulkan

Yours should fall into this catagory from the list below: A8-6000 Series APUs

Vulkan™-compatible components

AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3 and later support the following AMD APUs and Radeon™ GPUs1 based on the Graphics Core Next architecture on Windows® 7, Window® 8.1, Windows® 10, and Linux®:

Vulkan™ Graphics API | AMD 

So if I were you I would contact AMD support and see what they have to say:  Online Service Request | AMD 

amdmatt  just curious as to why that is helpful? Are you verifying that the published specs by AMD are wrong? That the APU is not supported? His APU is clearly on the list from AMD's site. I supplied the link and text confirming this. I'm confused and I am sure the OP is too.

0 Likes

Vulkan support is available for the A8 6600K APU, but the display driver and Vulkan driver for that APU has not been updated since 16.2.1 as the A8 6600K was moved into legacy status. Newer games will probably require a more recent Vulkan driver update to function.

Thank you, that is a much better explanation of the situation.

0 Likes
stonie
Adept I

pastedImage_1.jpg

Get those massages when i try to start the games.

mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Vulkan™ Graphics API | AMD 
Vulkan support isn't available for your graphics card, I guess.

Your graphics card supports are here:

DirectX 11.2 (11_0)
OpenGL 4.4
OpenCL 1.2
Vulkan N/A
Shader Model 5.0

Edit Note:
 There is no information on AMD documentation to see if your GPU has Vulkan support. Or I didn't see it. The above information is taken from another site.