cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bobbyyy_02
Journeyman III

GPU NOT DETECTED ON MY UEFI OR DEVICE MANAGER!!!

when im playing games last Night my pc is running fine like before,usually i played from 2pm until 1am or 2am,but last Night im playing pubg but my monitor has noo signal,and pc restart automatically with noo reason,okay when get restarted my monitor has noo signal ,i though it was the cable,but when pc is running and LED bar on Sapphire RX 470 on i think its fine,but when i looked at fans,it stop not spinning like before,idk why,when i buy this gpu if i have not enough power the fans keeps spinning,but now its stop and this gpu is not detected on bios,please help,i install using gpu driver Sapphire but when comes up just intel graphic card and when im using auto detect on amd they said error 175. im really frustrating

my spec

Intel i5 gen 3450 3.10ghz 4cores
motherboard Asrock b75m -dgs with 1 pcie connector ddr 3
Ram 8gb ddr3
psu OCZ 700w 80+ 
GPU Sapphire rx 470 nitro+ 8gb

0 Likes
7 Replies
khun_doug
Elite

The first thing to try are the obvious things. First, see if reseating the GPU brings it back to life. Also, check the cables to the PSU. If nothing, then look on the GPU and see if anything is loose or came disconnected. It could be as simple as a loose connector. I think your PSU is plenty large enough to handle your system so I doubt there is a lack of power issue.

You don't mention if this is a dual monitor setup. If so, are you able to get the other video signal to work on the monitor that should be receiving the Sapphire signal?

0 Likes

i have single monitor with hdmi cable,i dong receive any sapphire or rx470 signal,the gpu is not detected on motherboard,idk why,im

playing pubg and pc restart itself and the monitor going no signal,when i open my case the gpu fans is not working but the gpu led still shining, and i bring the vga to computer service,they told this gpu has been used for mining before and has been opened,but i see the blackplate ,2 guaranty sticker still in there on top of bolt,and i have been think,if this gpu has been opened the sticker is perfectly stick on the bolt,and the seller tell his buy this gpu is new and just used for gaming and browser only,please help,i wanna service but the man on computer service said “if u service this gpu will broken again 2 month from now” i dont have money to buy again,please help..

0 Likes

What the Computer Service probably was saying that the GPU vBIOS has been altered for Mining. You don't need to take the GPU apart to update or alter the vBIOS on it.

One of the best ways to check to see if your GPU failed is by installing it another compatible computer and see if it works or has the exact same problem.

If the computer restarted by itself it could be that your GPU or CPU overheated or your PSU is not giving sufficient power due thus shutting down. Also if your GPU card is failing or some other hardware including the Motherboard.

Not sure about the RX4xx series GPU cards, but the RX5xx card, the fans don't start until it reaches a certain temperature. But the GPU Fans should  start, at least for a couple of seconds, when you first power up.

This is AMD Error 175:

Error 175 – AMD Installer Cannot Continue Due to Unsupported AMD Graphics Hardware

Here is old thread from another website that gives some good tips on your error for the RX470: The Dingers • View topic - Graphic card problems 

Here are the RX470 Previous Drivers to try: Radeon™ RX 470 Previous Drivers | AMD 

truegrim
Journeyman III

Hello.

Did you get it fixed?

I am sitting with the same problem now...

0 Likes

i have the same problem or a month and Havent  recieved a proper solution from both nvidia and asus tuf. I have tried reinstalling gpu bios and everything. and checked the hardware it showed no issue and i still recieve error code 43 in the device manager.

0 Likes

Windows has been causing a lot a driver issues from what I've been reading/researching.

Try installing an older GPU and enter safe mode. Just to get a signal to your monitor.

Then perform a clean install of the GPU you are wanting to use.

Once software download is complete start the install process but do not restart PC shut down and replace with GPU you intend to use.

I've had similar issues before and got signal back and device detected by fooling the system into thinking I was installing a different GPU.

You may have to restart your PC again to get the drivers/software to install.

Another thing is run command Prompt as administrator and use following command sfc /scannow this will check your OS for errors and attempt to repair them.

You may also need to reflash or update your MOBO BIOS as it may be corrupted or out of date.

Don't worry we will stay with you till we kick this issues backside.

0 Likes

@Everyone having this issue,

Obviously a ton of people with this problem. Seems to be linked to mostly AS Rock motherboards. I too run an AS Rock board of certain model type. AS Rock Fatal1ty Professional Gaming AM4 sys board.

Take a look at my solution found here:

Discrete graphics card required - AMD Community

I will post in my solution here for you, so you don't need to click around for your convenience:

...After much trial and error, and replacing the CPU with at least 1 new one (luckily for free) installing the Ryzen 7 3700X this morning, full of frustration with no POST in site I did the following and got POST!!!!!!!!

1. Detach your graphics card, in this case, my choice of model RTX- nVidia card.

2. With the GPU laying gently on your table, unplugged from its slot and 2 power connectors, boot! I'm being specific here because one guy left it on the table plugged into the power cords. So don't do that, please. Jeeze...

3. The system will remain without POST, as you do not have any gfx processor installed at this point. This is normal.

4. Shut off the power, and if you have that kind of PSU, hit the 0 switch circuit breaker on it so you don't accidentally power up.

5. Install the GPU gfx card again in your PCI Express slot, insert any power connectors, flip the 0 so it becomes a I-symbol on the PSU if you have a switch there, and boot.

6. I waited about 5 minutes. After 4-5 minutes I got POST!

After upgrading your CPU, if you haven't done so already, I highly recommend upgrading to Windows 11, as it is free from Microsoft if you already own Win 10 and... it more importantly is an operating system optimized for the newer CPUs on the market. Win 10 is not optimized for them and you will not get that extra performance boost from your games or graphics design, video editing, or any other power-programs running on your computer from your new CPU if you should choose to stay with Windows 10.

I hope I'll help more people out there who experienced the same. Saving your economy so you don't need to buy a new sys board.

Warmest regards,

Exsosus

0 Likes