cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

atyth
Journeyman III

Ryzen 2600X: 90°+ on burn-in test

So I recently did a burn-in test for my Ryzen 5 2600X with the OCCT Software. Used the Power Supply test. Let it run for 2h. No crash, no freeze. GPU temps fine, but CPU package temp was up to 93°! It never goes that high under normal load. Normal or a need to worry?

0 Likes
1 Solution

There is no need to worry about that burn in temperature as it is a synthetic benchmark.

As your normal temps are 40 idle and maximum of 77 under load they represent a CPU that is being cooled normally.

My previous Ryzen 2700x and also my current 3700x both go up to 95c under synthetic tests like Prime95 etc.

These chips cut out at 100c and switch the PC off instantly to stop them from getting damaged.

Andy

View solution in original post

2 Replies
atyth
Journeyman III

Addition: Idle temp is below 40, and high load situations never  put the CPU past 77. I'm wondering how a burn-in can even get the CPU that hot then? Also, how likely is it the CPU  takes damage when running past 90 degrees for several hours?

0 Likes

There is no need to worry about that burn in temperature as it is a synthetic benchmark.

As your normal temps are 40 idle and maximum of 77 under load they represent a CPU that is being cooled normally.

My previous Ryzen 2700x and also my current 3700x both go up to 95c under synthetic tests like Prime95 etc.

These chips cut out at 100c and switch the PC off instantly to stop them from getting damaged.

Andy