cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sintek
Newcomer

Why does Radeon Settings - WattMan in particular - do something different each reboot?

It's become a guessing game as to what has happened in Radeon Settings, whether my settings and profiles have vanished completely or if they've just been slightly altered.

Example, and what prompted me to post this: I've been running 1800 core and ~970 mV successfully for some time, but earlier I noticed temperatures creeping into unacceptable territory. I only now discovered why - WattMan decided the room needed some extra heat and upped the voltage to to 1200 mV, but kept the core at my setting of 1800. What? Why? Nothing crashed, it was all fine. Why would this change have been made? It makes no sense.

Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903 (build 18362.295) Clean installed today.

MSI z370 Gaming M5

32GB 3200 C16

Reference 5700 XT

0 Likes
2 Replies

You may wish to ask you question to AMD support: Support Ticket Process | AMD 

mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

This was reported to the AMD technical support team and a response received. Message content:

WattMan settings change without crash:

After the operating system turned off the display because of Windows "Power Options", the display turns on with any mouse movement. And then WattMan options return to the default. This problem occurs randomly. After this problem occurs, WattMan will not accept changes and the computer will start with edited WattMan options when I restart the system. I chose to contact you by mail because this problem can affect most users and is important. I hope you read, evaluate and solve it. Good work... My Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX RX 480 8GB GPU Intel Core i5 8600k 4700 Mhz CPU 2x8GB (dual) 3200 Mhz DDR4 ASUS TUF-Z370PLUS Mobo with Latest BIOS 750W PSU with Gold Cert 2x250GB Samsun Evo 850 with RAID Windows 10 1903 18362.267 with 19.8.1 Driver