cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

gastovskiy
Adept I

RX 5700 XT: LOW FPS

I have problem with low fps in CS:GO (ultra settrings ~ 60-70 fps) and Assasin's Creed Unity (ultra ~ 15-20 fps) (I didn't test another games, i think that there is the same result)... What it can be caused by? I have problems with new driver (BSOD, atikmpag.sys) too. Need help and advice!!!

0 Likes
11 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Test the performance of your hardwares using Userbenchmark site.
If you do not have a low result, run separate DDU software for nVidia, Intel and AMD in safe mode, clear all drivers and then install the latest display driver. You can also right-click the game startup exe file and turn off the "Fullscreen Optimization" feature and try again.
Good luck...

0 Likes

pc.png

So... It's not what I expected after buying rx 5700 XT!

Clean-install Windows 10, it will be fine ... Good luck ...

There's something enforce for the processor and the graphics card.

0 Likes

Well, I just have clean-installed Windows 10 and checked up results in Userbenchmark... The same result again (videocard 57.1%).

0 Likes

I can see. Can you take a picture of the new report page and send it? (full-page)

0 Likes

I looked at your results from Userbenchmark site. Only your graphics card has excessive performance loss. There is no different problem like you said.
* Enter BIOS of your PC and return to the factory settings.
* Try different version display driver.
* Try DDU and remove old display driver. And then install only display driver. Extract the driver exe file to the desktop with software such as 7-zip. And then try install display driver with Windows "Device Manager".

I hope you can solve the problem.

0 Likes
cognitivo
Journeyman III

buenas

1 desinstala drivers usando ddu o sin el

2 descarga DRIVER BOOSTER y instala los drivers que te sugiera el programa ya que es gratuito y funciona muy bien

3 vuelve a probar los juegos y fijate si tienes activado sinc vertical, de ser asi ponlo en off

4 si al hacer estos pasos mejoro tu rendimiento descartamos que sea drivers de radeon, por lo tanto si ya funciona bien instala radeon adrenalin.

Espero te sea de ayuda yo tengo la rx 5700xt y la verdad funciona muy bien solo que hay que darles un poco de tiempo a que acomoden su software

dejo esta imagen para que te de tranquilidad de que solo es un problema de optimizacion brother, espero se resuelva, saludos2019-08-19 (2).png

0 Likes

I have the sapphire Ntiro Rx 5700 XT and i have the same exact issues with the LOW LOW FPS on 2k ultra. I did how ever find the issue, the problem is with the shader quality if you have that on ultra you will get roughly 20-26 FPS during UGINE Superposition Benchmark. The second you take the shader quality from ultra to high i instantly was running 70+ FPS which still isnt great for 2k on this card. I believe it may be a step in the right direction. (hopefully)

0 Likes
ke5tgd
Journeyman III

I bought a RX 5700 XT as well as a corsair 750W power supply (Privious power supply would have been insufficent). Initialy I installed the new GPU and power supply without any driver deletion or windows reinstall just installed the radeon drivers. The card worked initially but upon loading up a game the computer restarted. I presumed this was due to the change in vendor from nVidia to AMD so I reset windows with the "Keep personal files" option. This deleted the nVidia drivers from the best I could tell and I installed the radeon drivers again. The computer pressisted in restarting some time into game play but not at game launch. From there the problem progressed to a boot loop as I attempted to trubleshoot. At this point the problem seemed to be with power delivery. I tried: Replacing the power cable from the wall to the PSU with a known working cable, Unplugging unnecissary peripherals, changing wall outlets. I also suspected the HDMI cable and the DVI adapter for my monitor (the privious graphics card had a DVI port). I succesfuly eleminated the cable and addapter. I was unable to elimnate the PSU itself as the source of the problem. I was also unable to eleminated the GPU itself as the source of the problem. I would have liked to put the new PSU and GPU in other computers to test but that was not an option. I did test the computer exstensivly without a graphics card and it was stable. So I returned the RX 5700 XT for a new one assuming the card was somehow defective. Of note this card performed as expected in comparison to avaible performace data online until the computer restarted. A few days later I got the replacement card and the problem persisted. Infact the new card was somewhat worse in that it never made it into a game on the new PSU. At that point I figured the PSU was the problem so I pulled some strings and got a diffrent power supply to test with for a few days. This PSU is a 1000W EVGA unit and eleminated all of the original problems. However now that games run I have found that this replacement RX 5700 XT is performing at about 20% of expected performance. Clock speeds and voltages check out with expected values but FPS is in the 30's as compaired to 150's with the first 5700 XT that I returned. In the interim I made no changes to drivers as far as I know. Only changed the GPU and PSU. This upgrade has thus far been extremely frustrating... any advice would be much appricated.

0 Likes

espero ayudarte ya que hablo idioma español, para una rx 5700xt yo uso una

fuente de 650w con eso me funciona perfecto, en tu caso pueden ser muchos

factores por los que no este funcionando como tu quisieras, te pido si me

puedes comentar por ejemplo...

que procesador usas?

que salida de conector usas hdmi o dvi?

modificaste opciones de energia en windows?

actualizaste a la version 19.12.3 radeon?

cuanta ram usas actualmente?

ahi si puedes ir respondiendo tratamos de encontrar que es lo que

esta fallando, tranquilo que la rx 5700 xt es muy buena solo debe ser

configurar algunas cosas o ver cual es el error

saludos

El jue., 2 ene. 2020 a las 4:23, ke5tgd (<amd-external@jiveon.com>)

escribió:

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: RX 5700 XT: LOW FPS in Graphics

0 Likes