cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tailgater
Journeyman III

Black pixels that move with rx 580

I just bought a Red Devil Rx 580. After installing it into the mobo and booting up, i have no problems with graphics. As soon as the drivers begin installing and after installing, I get these black box like pixels that show up on the screen on darker colored backgrounds. Certain applications dont show any problem, but others do, and it's definitely a problem while gaming. Helpppp pleessssee

9 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Your video card is not damaged. I have been using RX 480 for 2 years and had the same problem. I reset WattMan settings. I updated the display driver. And the problem gone.

If reseting WattMan settings does not work, try change memory mode or set boost clock speed to 1340Mhz with WattMan.

0 Likes
sur6e
Elite

I updated to 19.8.1 and now I'm getting this in GTA after a little while.

pastedImage_1.png

[ 5800X3D | Aorus 6950XT | MSI B550 | H115i Pro | G.SKILL 32GB 3600Mhz | 850W Gold | Samsung Odyssey G7 240Hz | HP Reverb G2 (v2) ]

I've had this problem only with Chrome Web Browser. The problem is probably that RX580 GPU has 3 levels of VRAM speed. When VRAM speed is 1000Mhz, it probably breaks some pixels. That means they haven't fixed it yet. Your video card is not damaged. Don't use Chrome.

Important Note: Do not play a game with running Chrome Web Browser. Probably there is an AMD display driver bug.

0 Likes
mvmiller12
Adept II

That is not a game incompatibility, that is an issue that starts on the Windows desktop immediately after the drivers are installed. I have RX-480, 580, and an R9 290 and have never seen this issue. It is most likely defective, and I'd exchange it regardless of what the others are saying in these comments. If you have to reset Wattman settings or adjust memory speeds, then the defaults aren't working ON THE WINDOWS DESKTOP. If the defaults aren't working, it is defective.

0 Likes

If you have not experienced this problem before, there are two different pictures above you can see...
Speeds also change when Chrome starts.
If people had problems with desktops, they would write.

0 Likes

I saw those pictures. That is not normal. Especially on a fresh driver install with a new card on the Windows Desktop.., and I have never seen that behavior on any of my cards as listed above, This is not a problem with a specific program, it is acting up with just Windows, The card is defective.

(For the record, I've never seen that problem with Chrome, either. Please note that Chrome is not even running in the first screenshot, just Windows and the driver installer.)

0 Likes

You're right but the problem mentioned on this page is different.

0 Likes
sur6e
Elite

FYI My issue did not return. I believe I also updated the chipset driver after this and GTA has been fine. I would agree that having issues on the desktop is far more concerning than in a game. I would suggest to make sure everything is updated, not just the video driver.

[ 5800X3D | Aorus 6950XT | MSI B550 | H115i Pro | G.SKILL 32GB 3600Mhz | 850W Gold | Samsung Odyssey G7 240Hz | HP Reverb G2 (v2) ]

If I wasn't sure, I would not say that "it is not damaged".

0 Likes