cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

udwin
Newcomer

After recent system downgrade GPUs on my laptop refuse to work with their drivers

As I've recently got fed up with windows 10 updates screwing up my machine pretty badly every time(amongst it reoccurring problem with graphics drivers), I had installed the trustworthy win7(64bit). The problem is, I have two GPUs. One being Intel HD Graphics 520 and the other dedicated AMD Radeon R5 M330. Combined software for these(supposedly providing a way to switch between them, but with no noticeable impact on performance) from laptop manufacturer's site was heavily outdated and trying to install most recent amd "adrenalin" I've got plenty of errors. The one constantly appearing whenever I've tried to open catalyst control panel or anything else bound to amd graphics being:

"RadeonSettings.exe Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point ucrtbase.abort could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll"

I've tried reinstalling it with different updates, auto detector and windows update. Only the updater gave me new results, letting me know that after long download it wasn't able to recognise my gpu's signature.

The laptop I'm using is HP 250 G4 if that's of use to any good soul willing to help me. Also it came with preinstalled win10 but after some nasty problems with I decided to downgrade to win7 - but that shouldn't be the issue, should it...?

anyways, thanks for any answer on the subject

0 Likes
1 Solution

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

Laptop graphics update...How to 

For laptops with Intel/AMD graphics:

2. The Intel graphics drivers should be the latest offered by Intel Support.

Use their 'Driver Download Tool' to get the latest version. These must be installed before the AMD drivers.

Latest drivers: AMD Radeon™ R5 M330 Drivers & Support | AMD 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

Laptop graphics update...How to 

For laptops with Intel/AMD graphics:

2. The Intel graphics drivers should be the latest offered by Intel Support.

Use their 'Driver Download Tool' to get the latest version. These must be installed before the AMD drivers.

Latest drivers: AMD Radeon™ R5 M330 Drivers & Support | AMD 

0 Likes

thank you, for your answer, however I have done the updates earlier with no good results. Aside one error - being the download of intel gpu drivers, everything gone well. Then I've accquired latest drivers for the mentioned graphics card, but to my surprise after downloading them from the site it's installer told me that the installed drivers on my laptop are up to date, and even newer than those I've downloaded(really strange as I've cleaned the laptop with DDU and as I mentioned windows update failed to download them). So I've proceeded to install the anyway. Everything gone mostly smooth, even aero started working. But now, after downloading(again) the newest AMD Adrenalin(19.8.1 I think), I've received the error again:pastedImage_1.png

Really stuck in a loop here. Any advice what to do now?

0 Likes

also the control panel for Intel HD 520(which showed only after supposed "downgrading" of the existing drivers) is quite useless, crashing, regardless the option i want to choose from it with only this much information(from the dialogue box "x stopped working")

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Gfxv4_0.exe
Application Version: 8.15.10.5068
Application Timestamp: 5c250b36
Fault Module Name: amdvlk64.dll
Fault Module Version: 26.20.13001.29010
Fault Module Timestamp: 5d4cae3c
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000000c988
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1045
Additional Information 1: 5f7d
Additional Information 2: 5f7dc2ca2cf1fc09dea371a01089917f
Additional Information 3: e077
Additional Information 4: e077a0725e7cecc743a5965fd8bda4bb

0 Likes

Ok, finally got through with this, installed some stubborn drivers manually and everything works pretty well

thank you for your help and bless you, my man!