Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jordang
Journeyman III

MacBook Pro not recognizing AMD graphics card

Hi guys,

I have a MacBook Pro 15inch Retina (mid 2015), by a research I might have a AMD R9 series 270X or 370X. I formatted the laptop and bought and installed windows 10 Pro and now I cannot install drivers for the card. It gives error "Error 173 - AMD Installer Cannot Continue Since AMD Graphics Hardware Was Not Found." I have opened the laptop and changed the thermal paste, very gently. Has my card died and how can I check if it is?

0 Likes
1 Reply

I presumed you have Windows 10 in as a Boot Camp installation. In which case you need to download Windows Boot Camp drivers and not regular Windows 10 drivers.

From what I heard, you need to have a Dual Boot on your Mac Pro. One for your Apple OS and one for your Windows 10 OS. According to this Apple Website that shows how to install Windows 10 on a Mac Pro and other compatible Apple computers: Install Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp Assistant - Apple Support 

This website has unofficial Windows Boot Camp drivers: BootCampDrivers.com: Turbo-charged AMD graphics drivers for Mac BootCamp users. 

0 Likes