cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

brucer
Forerunner

Ryzen 3000 Chipset Driver Update And Installation

Amd and or Mods here need to make a detailed Chipset driver download link, Installation procedure and or Update procedure..

Need a pinned link to check for chipset updates and versions, because who the hell would know to do this unless they are familiar with the process..  A community news release isnt the way to do it, thats laughable at best.

This issue with the ryzen cpus not hitting their advertised boost frequencies agesa/bios issues is ridiculous and shows AMD as a bunch of amateurs.  It'll literally take months to resolve this issue as the agesa is updated by amd, then passes it on to motherboard manufacturers, then waiting on motherboard manufacturers to produce and post bios updates for each particular x370/470/570 boards.. 

This issue should have been resolved prior to the launch and amd knows it, amateurs I tell you, just amaturs.. Amd should be ashamed releasing beta products to consumers..

I should have learned my lesson by now..

0 Likes
2 Replies
brucer
Forerunner

For instance.. I've been building computers for 30years and have never ran into this issue before..

Do I uninstall previous chipset drivers then install the updated chipset drivers I downloaded form the community news release?  or will the updated drivers I downloaded from the community news release update the previous chipset driver install itself?

0 Likes
brucer
Forerunner

This new chipset driver also puts a slight hit on performance and does not change the voltage issue hardly any, like .005v..  What it is doing is downclocking the cpu on all cores to a sustained lower frequency...  was getting a sustained frequency of 4.2ghz, now its 4.150 across all cores       AMD "Cant Get Right"

0 Likes