cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

viper207
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT crysis 3 drops 20 fps gpu load 30% .

i have normal cpu i7 8700 , problem with gpu 

0 Likes
4 Replies
shinkojiro
Miniboss

Its Crysis xD Certain areas are going to bottleneck the crap out of your CPU and lead to low GPU load.

0 Likes

No, it's not a cpu bottleneck.

I have the same slowdown. Increasing res, increases fps. This indicates there is not a cpu bottleneck.

If it was a cpu bottleneck, fps would be the same if you increase res.

0 Likes

https://community.amd.com/thread/239684 

There is a similar thread where the RX 480 is experiencing this slowdown and nvidia's card is not. This is not a new issue with the 5700. It was a problem with older cards, so there is something amd driver team really needs to look into. This problem will continue to repeat with newer video cards.

It's not specific to Crysis 3. But it seems like an issue with older games that the card thinks is less demanding. Maybe there should be an option to have full clocks while gaming instead of the aggressive core throttling.

I went with AMD because of that fine wine technology. AMD, please deliver!

0 Likes
f1lover123
Adept I

Hello everyone,

I made an account to comment on this particular issue. I made my own investigations, since it was really frustrating to not be able to play this game in good conditions.

1: You have noticed this already, but the AMD cards are perfectly capable in the game, the problem comes from specific locations or scenes where the GPU usage drops very low.

2: I have managed to replicate this issue in another game, Kingdom Come Deliverance. This is particularly interesting as the game also runs on CryEngine (a more recent version). And in fact it is possible to solve it. Look at this video Kingdom Come Deliverance - r_BatchType perfomance - YouTube 

The issues are very similar, good FPS until you look at a certain scene, then GPU usage drops to a low level. 

Sadly I have very little knowledge about what this setting exactly does, but it does fix the performance, I also tried it myself.

I have no idea if it is fixable for Crysis 3, I fear that it is not. I have tried everything, but I have not managed to find a similar console command on Crysis 3, perhaps this version of the engine didn't support it yet. 

Hopefully someones reads this.

0 Likes