cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

paran
Journeyman III

my 3600x show low boost clock

Viewing ryzen master program, The single core of my CPU has a boost clock of up to 4.35

i didn't see a 4.4gHz  clock. I did on PBO and auto-overdrive modes. but i didn't see a 4.4gHz clock of single core. 

what is the reason? 

i hear by your ryzen advertizing that 3600x cpu work 3.8~4.4  core clock. even you advertise getting an additional 0.2gHz 

PC spec 

3600x 

Deepcool gamaxxx 240mm water cooler 

B450m mortar 1.0.0.3 ab + ryzen chipset driver installed 

samsung 25600 ram 8x2Gb

gigabyte GTX 1080 itx 

0 Likes
8 Replies
brucer
Forerunner

Its due to amd poor agesa code support and motherboard manufacturers not doing their jobs.

0 Likes
s_vayner
Adept III

short answer they lied...

0 Likes

yep, pretty much...

This is exactly why I've always said, "When you buy AMD you are buying a beta product because their agesa/bios driver/software support sucks".. 

Amd is cheaper and this is exactly why.  When you buy amd you are buying a product rushed to market and in beta format, cpu or gpu...

It'll likely take them months to get this sorted out as amd will have to make changes to the agesa code, send that to board manufacturers, then board manufacturers will have to update bios'

I think the bigger issue will end up being the constant overvoltage of the Ryzens on any various motherboard.  I think we'll see premature deaths of these cpus, and wouldnt surprise me if amd has planned it like this. 

Remember in the long run, amd is just another company wanting your money, you cant believe anything they say when it comes to marketing.... You also cant believe youtube reviewers anymore, there are several that have been bought off and it shows..

Sounds like you should just get intel.

0 Likes

I am sure a lot of people will do exactly that next time. Thank for your well researched and documented advise shinkojiro. Good luck AMD with losing all those customers for life.

0 Likes

Yea I can tell why you're only 6 days old on this now.

0 Likes

Because I was always intel user. And next build I'm back to intel for good.  By they way how you take your tea with that roll...

0 Likes
sqwerty
Adept II

PBO and AUTO OC are two seperate things and you do not need to enable PBO to enable AUTO OC mode.

Most people (myself included) are finding PBO can actually hurt single core boosts, my theory since it's not possible to hit power limits running single core; PBO does nothing there in that regard and if it's providing more voltage than needed for longer periods (depending on scalar setting); then it's doing more harm than good.

Try disable PBO.

Edit: Also that AGESA version is widely reported to offer better memory support but be boosting CPUs lower than earlier versions (i.e 3900X's were hitting 4650 now only hitting 4550) and is the reason I haven't bothered updating my board from 1.0.0.2

0 Likes