cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

abra
Journeyman III

Are these temperatures are good for Ryzen 3700x ?

Hi, First my PC :

Ryzen 7 3700x with the Wraith Cooler

MSI Gaming Edge Wifi x570

16go Ram

MSI GTX 980ti

Windows 10

You can see with the red line that there is some spikes, the maximum on my desktop is 70°c.

drhoqKx.jpg

Also, i played at Battlefield V and Assassin's Creed Odyssey, i was at 75° and some spikes at 85°

I wanted to now if these temperature are good or not at all ? Wow can i reduce temp for this new CPU ?

0 Likes
3 Replies
noa
Adept I

Hi ! I have a 3700x too, the MOBO i use is x570 Aorus elite from Gigabyte. I use the Noctua NH-U12S with a push/pull config. 

My settings are the following :

- Everything on default in bios (exception dose the XMP on the memory and PBO enabled)

- The power profile in windows set to Power Saver ( the windows one not the Ryzen one )

idle voltage 0.969-1.106 and temps as low as 31.9C in a room with 25C ambient.

Performance wise there is no loss since the CPU can reach in full load 1.49V (on single core ), 1.33V ( multi core ) and a temp of 74-76C. I measured with HWinfo64 and stress tested in blender and CB15, CB20

I suggest you get a better cooler in the future. 85C spikes while gaming is a bit high. 

I hope this can be of help.

0 Likes
peandreo
Journeyman III

temp.jpg

I have a Dark pro 4 for cooling and the maxium temperature i get in games is 74 ºc, everything in hight etc..

This CPU's has hight temperatures so be carefull to your cpu not reach 90ºc, it could affect your hardware.

0 Likes

90 ºc surely affect humans, its lethal.
But for silicon, it's just pleasant.
It really surprises me how people compare everything by human terms.

0 Likes