AnsweredAssumed Answered

Bad performance Radeon RX580 at 1080p

Question asked by jondedy on Jul 22, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 6, 2019 by jondedy

Hey there guys! 

I'm completely new to the forum. But it seemed the logical place to ask about my problem. 

I have an Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX580 Gaming 8GB. I would say that's a pretty descent card. However I have the feeling it's not performing at all as it should. The biggest problems that I have are with CS:GO. My FPS is around 140/150 on the lowest settings and I often have dips to 70/80. Apex Legends seems to run pretty descent on medium settings, GTA 5 runs pretty much perfect on max settings and other games I play are too light to mention  

I checked with Wattman and got some interesting results with CS:GO. The average GPU activity is about 32%, the GPU clock around 636Mhz, the temps around 53 celcius and the powerconsumption around 46watt. Seems really under powered. When I do a Performance Test from Passmark, the score comes out higher as average so it makes no sense to me. 

Since I am playing on a 144hz screen, this is really anoying. I searched around the internet and couldn't find the right solution, I hope that there might be some new news by now. So I hope to hear from you guys. 

My system specs are:

Intel Core i7 3770K

16GB DDR3-1600

500GB ADATA SSD

550W CoolerMaster Masterwatt power supply

I'm running Windows 10 build 1903 and Driver version 19.7.2

I had the same problems basically on my previous system, which was a Dell Optiplex 990 with a i5-2400 and 14GB DDR3-1333 but figered the problem with that machine was the underpowered CPU. Anyway, hope you can help me guys, any tips or advice would be highly apreciated <3 

Outcomes