cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

sidaz
Journeyman III

How do i keep my RX 570 cool via software?

My Rx 570 is at 41 to 47 c  while im browsing and on 70 to 85 on load.How can i reduce my temps?

0 Likes
3 Replies
benman2785
Big Boss

repaste! new thermal paste can improve temps!
clean your GPU!

last choice if you have a blower-card: buy a better cooler! (like Accelero Mono Plus)

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes
saywhut
Challenger

Temps look fine.  Things you can do though to lower the temps:

• Set a more aggressive fan curve in Radeon Wattman
  • Ensure your case has good cable management and fans to get airflow in good circulation
  • Clean your GPU & re-apply thermal paste
0 Likes

All of the above and...

For the following assume you could run the game at  >60 FPS with the settings you run.

1. Use Frame Rate Target Control to limit FPS to at least 1 FPS below the monitor refresh rate or 1 FPS below the top of the monitor Freesync range.   - that will not impact your Keyboard Only Input FPS and you should be able to have a reasonable gaming experience. If that does not save enough power and reduce temps for you then drop FRTC lower.

2. As a last resort, Turn on Radeon Chill. Set Chill_Min = 30, Chill_Max = 300. Leave Profile FRTC off. Set Global FRTC to 1FPS below the monitor Refresh Rate. Launch the game from your Game Profile.

You need to set Chill_Max to 30 to save as much power as possible.
You need to set Chill_Max to 300 to get Keyboard Only Input FPS of ~ 55 FPS.
If you set Chill_Max to 60, for example, you will only get Keyboard Only Input FPS of ~ 45 FPS.

Do not use Radeon Overlay to adjust Chill_Max as that will turn on Profile FRTC and you may end up with that set to 300. In that case rapid mouse movement would allow FPS to rocket up totwards 300 and burn power. The Radeon Overlay for Chill needs fixed.

Running Chill may save lots of power in game with no Keyboard or Mouse input. It will impact your Keyboard Only Input FPS. You will probably only get about 55 FPS if you hold a WASD (move character) key down to move around. If you repeatedly tap WASD very rapidly (unrealistically rapidly in my opinion) in Game FPS might get up to 58-60 FPS. If you do not touch the keyboard and move the mouse rapidly it is supposed to lock to Chill_Min (=30 FPS in this example).
Sometimes that does not happen though (bug). However if you set the Global FRTC it will clamp rapid mouse movement FPS anyhow. 

3. Another alternative is to assign Alt+W as your Chill Hotkey (F11 is too far away from WASD) and "strategically" turn Chill on in gameplay to let the GPU cool down. I use this when trying to run BFV with an RX Vega 64 Liquid DX12 4K Ultra. That GPU blackscreens and driver crashes and PC freeze + audio buzz if i don't keep the temperatures down to about 55'C in that game DX12 4K Ultra. I just take breaks in the game, hide, and turn Chill on. FPS drops to 30 FPS. Power drops to about 100W rather than 340W and the the temps drop if I point the character in the correct direction. 

So you have the choice, FRTC to save power and have consistent gameplay.
Radeon Chill to save more power but take an unnecessary gaming performace hit and have large variation in frame rates.

It should be possible to add a User configuration file  to allow the user to adjust Keyboard Only Input Framerates with simple hold down or rapid tapping, It was possible to control it with Hialgo Chill configuration file. It would make it more useabe.

Bye.  

0 Likes