cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

liuyiu
Journeyman III

R3-2200G can't dispaly 1920*1080 on old TV

I recently build a htpc with r3-2200g, but when I connect it with my old plasma 1080i LG tv, I can only get resolution 1240*720 in Win 10 display setting, there is no higher resolution to choose. I had connect the same TV with my intel laptop in same condition(hdmi cabel etc.), there is no issue to correctly display on 1920*1080, same on my PS4, other PC with RX570 either. I have tried everything I can. Update bios,  DDU Utility reinstall radeon driver, nothings changed. 

The different on DXDiag between r3 and my intel laptop is that the laptop running 

“Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (29Hz)” 
R3-2200g running
“Current Mode: 1240 x 720 (32 bit) (60Hz)” 

But  when I set custom detail resolution on r3 using CRU with 1920*1080(30hz) , my TV just go black-screen.

Can someone help me fix this issue?

It's really upset that build a whole PC and it can't work properly.

0 Likes
4 Replies

according to your EDID the native resolution for your TV is 1280 x 720p.

It seems like you need to enable a settings in the TV to run 1920 x 1080i. Windows with your APU is seeing the Native Resolution.

What is showing under Windows Settings "Display" and in Radeon Settings?

Look in Device Manager under "Monitor" and see what is showing.

Okay, read your AMD Windows computer DXDIAG.   Your Windows OS is corrupted and needs to be repaired. Just about all of your Diagnostic under DXDIAG is showing MMC.exe errors.

I would run SFC /scannow and DISM. Here is how to do it from Microsoft Forums: mmc.exe error Windows 10 - Microsoft Community 

Once Windows is repaired, see if you are able to get the higher resolution on your TV once you verify that your TV settings is set for 1920x1080i and is showing in both Windows Settings - Display and Radeon Settings.

0 Likes

Found two LG TV Models with Monitor ID: GSM3AD7. Both are 50" Plasma TVs. Is this correct?

See if you get any video when you set the Display for 1920 x 1080 @30 hz. Reason why I mention this is because this LG Model: 50PY2R eli 50" Plasma has the following standard timings:

EDIT: Ignore setting Display to 1920 x 1080 since you already tried that with CRU. See if the TV has a setting for 1920 x 1080 resolution.

0 Likes

Thank for the reply.

My TV doesn't have that kind of setting, it just display whatever input, like my ps4 and pc with rx570, just plug in the HDMI, it automatically display 1920*1080(30hz?).

Then I try fixing MCC.exe error, nothing changes. FYI I also install ubuntu to see if it's the issue is only on Win10, and it's the same result on both OS.

I think it's some kind of compatible issue between Ryzen APU and my legacy 1080i TV which only AMD can fix.

Anyway thank for the help!!

0 Likes

what is the exact model of your TV set?

Here is the latest APU Driver for your Ryzen: AMD Ryzen™ 3 3200G Drivers & Support | AMD 

Try installing a older AMD APU Driver version and see if it shows 1920x1080. It is possible the latest may not be compatible but an older version might from here: AMD Ryzen™ 3 3200G Previous Drivers | AMD 

Make sure you use DDU and disconnect the Internet and reconnect the internet AFTER you installed the AMD Driver. Also make sure you have the latest BIOS and Motherboard Chip Set installs which makes your hardware (APU) and software (Drivers) more compatible.

0 Likes