AnsweredAssumed Answered

5700XT Anniversary Edition - Screen resolution BUG - too small

Question asked by tarnix on Jul 17, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 2, 2019 by titanic13

Brand new computer - New PCIE 4.0 NVME m.2 ssd, and brand new Windows 10 install.  New AMD 3900x CPU, New Asus X570 TUF mobo, New G.Skill 3200 CL14 B-die ram, and new 5700 XT anniversary edition video card.  Been using it for the last week, and after a super rocky install (multiple BSOD crashes due to ANOTHER driver bug), which I had to take a hack off a guy on reddit and disable LAN drivers to get it to image... I've finally been enjoying a couple days of my AMD computer without any problems.  UNTIL today.... when I updated to the graphics driver 19.7.2, it broke my entire screen resolution!  I have a 34 inch 2560x1080p ultrawide LG monitor, and after updating my graphics drivers, I'm stuck on a maximum 1280x1024 resolution.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, and I have tried uninstalling and installing the older driver (19.7.1) that used to be working, however it does not work.  I have tried DDUing and starting completely fresh with both versions of the driver, however it also does not work.  I have tried unplugging my video card, re-plugging it in to make sure it is seated correctly, I have tried multiple display ports on the back of the video card, and multiple DP cables.   STILL BROKEN!!!!  Whatever you guys changed in the last day has completely broken my video card!

If I uninstall AMD radeon software completely, my resolution goes back to normal 2560x1080p.  However as soon as I install any version of the AMD driver (the 19.7.1 or the 19.7.2), my resolution breaks again.

I haven't owned an AMD computer or component for 10 years, been strictly Intel/Nvidia only.  Until last week....  You want to know why??? Because the last AMD computer I owned, gave me constant problems and headaches, just like this one.  It had constant driver problems, and your catalyst control center software sucked, getting updates were horrible, and support was clueless.

You are SERIOUSLY making me regret ever giving you guys another chance.  Just looking at these forums and reddit, my mind is actually blown that you guys have not improved your QA and are still releasing this buggy crap. 

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AMD!  OTHERWISE MYSELF, AND MANY MANY MANY OTHER PEOPLE WHO GAVE U ANOTHER CHANCE WITH RYZEN 3000, WILL SELL YOUR BUGGY CRAP AND NEVER COME BACK!

Outcomes