cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

gfxchipuser
Journeyman III

unable to post with 3600 and msi b450m pro-vdh plus

The cpu light comes on and the system wont post. ive left it for 30 mins and just get a blank screen.

any advice appreciated

0 Likes
4 Replies

did you install MSI new BIOS fro the 3rd generation CPUs? Support For B450M PRO-VDH PLUS | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global 

Also make sure your RAM is listed for the 3rd Generation CPU for your Motherboard's QVL List: Support For B450M PRO-VDH PLUS | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global 

If you have done both of the above then please post what Trouble LED's are lit or Trouble Digital codes.

I would also remove all hardware connected to the motherboard except Keyboard/Mouse, GPU, CPU, PSU, Monitor, and only have one stick of RAM Memory installed to narrow down the hardware that can be causing your booting issues.

0 Likes
gfxchipuser
Journeyman III

Thanks for the reply,

I cannot update the firmware as i don't have an older AMD processor to boot the system, i don't think this mobo can boot without one.
Ive asked for the ryzen boot kit on the AMD website. Also checked the ram is compatible, hyperx hx432c16pb3k2/16 was listed under Matisse

0 Likes

I believe somewhere on the motherboard should have a label with the BIOS that came installed.

Yes, best to wait for the AMD Boot kit so that you are able to boot up and install the BIOS that supports the 3rd generation processors. If you purchased the motherboard before the new processors came out it won't have the correct BIOS installed unless the box indicated it was ready for Ryzen 3xxx processors.

0 Likes
shazzou
Journeyman III

Hi,

Did you get the Boot kit ?
I have the same issue than you with the same MoBo and CPU
I contacted AMD support and answered me so fast (after 10min).
They told me to apply for a Boot Kit then update with the new bios version.
But i would like to know if you already get the Boot Kit if not do you know how long time it will take ?

Thank  you

0 Likes