cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

illector
Journeyman III

I'm not able to install any drivers from AMD, NVIDIA GeForce drivers, or my motherboard manufacturer drivers with the new Ryzen 7 3700x, why?

When I try to install the chipset drivers from Gigabyte for my X470 Aorus Gaming 5 WiFi, I open the file and says "UnKnow AM4 CPU"

0 Likes
2 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

illector, do your realize you are running a 32 Bit version of W10.  There are probably no 32 bit drivers.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Do you have the correct BIOS installed for your 3rd generation processor "F40"?  But since it booted up you probably do. Just checking.

By the way there is a new BIOS for your motherboard "F41b" : X470 AORUS GAMING 5 WIFI (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A. . With a new AMD AGESA version.

I notice that under Windows 10 32 bit there is not Chip set mentioned. But under Windows 10 64 bit it is mentioned for download. It is possible you are trying to install a Windows 64 bit driver on a 32 bit Windows.

I would open a Gigabyte Support ticket and see if they have a 32 bit Chip Set available to download. AMD doesn't support Windows 32 bit anymore.

Note: I would suggest you upgrade your Windows 10 to a 64 OS. You have enough memory for 64 bit Windows to run. Thus the Chip Set will be compatible to install if that is the problem.

0 Likes