cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

darkmark
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600x Stock Fan

I recently bought the new Ryzen 5 3600x. After installing it, the fan keeps speeding up for a second and slowing down to its normal speed. What can I do with this issue? I have installed the latest version of my BIOS.

0 Likes
6 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

darkmark, that is probably not an issue, but with not information, cannot tell.  I run my fans on 12 Volts straight from the PS - no speed changes.  I would suggest you try that.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

How do I change my CPU fan voltage?

0 Likes

darkmark, you may be able to do this in your BIOS.  I simply purchased an adapter to convert Molex connector to Fan.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
shahzadjaved
Journeyman III

I also changed from Ryzen 3 2200G to the latest Ryzen 5 3600X.

Same issue with me, Fan is fluctuating and its loud and annoying to work with. 

My motherboard is Gigabyte Aorus 7 Gaming Wifi-50 with latest BIOS.

Darkman, Were you able to resolve the issue? 

0 Likes
jaymecss
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3600x.

I am also facing the same problem. I have tried countless possibilities. The only one that causes the noise to subside is by switching the power plan to 'Energy Saver' mode. But it should not be so. I did not buy such a processor to not use it correctly.

I have the AORUS GAMING 7 WI-FI REV: 1.1. Bios updated, all software. But it's still the same. The CPU cooler speeds up, slows down, speeds up, slows down ... the noise even bothers you.

I came out of an Intel i7-3770 and it's the first AMD experience I'm having. And I confess that I'm not happy.

0 Likes
adrem7
Journeyman III

So I also have this issue and have found that as standard my setup was changing the fan speed massively at 60 degrees. For my set up it had a few break points for fan speed. they were at 40, 60, 70 and 90 degrees. The problem was my CPU temp was always sat around the 60 degree mark with normal usage (light browsing on chrome and some background processes). It would go from 55 to 62 degrees or there abouts. The issue for me was as soon as it went over 60 degrees the new fan speed would kick in and try and drop the CPU temp. 

The fix for me was to manually change these break points in the BIOS. instead of 40 degrees with 25% fan speed and 60 degrees with 65% fan speed (the standard figures that were set in the BIOS) I changed it to be faster at lower temps and then changed the 60 degree break point to 65 degrees. This stopped the issue of it bouncing up and down all time.

Not ideal to have to change these manually I admit, but I tried lots of WIN10 changes, BIOS updates, AMD4 driver updates and reseating the CPU with new thermal paste all to no avail. Hope this helps others, personally I will wait for more updates and see if these change things and if not will probably either see how this temporary fix goes, or try an alternative fan.

0 Likes