tombstone

Ryzen 3600 reason for high ping?

Discussion created by tombstone on Jul 15, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 16, 2019 by misterj

So, i have just installed my new Ryzen 5 3600 CPU last week and everything have been working smoothly, until this weekend.

Suddenly i am experiencing very high pings when i game. If i just browse the web or watch movies i have 0 issues and my download/upload speed is just as it should be. I am using cabled connection, so no wifi issues.

Now, the fun part. I have another PC, for my wife, its an older Intel system. When that pc plays alone, no issues, ping is just as it should be, between 15-30ms~. But as soon as i open a game on my machine, the ping sky rockets to anywhere between 300 and 13.000ms. The games tested has been CS:GO, LoL (Teamfight Tactical) and Escape From Tarkov.

I watched guides which got me through the RegEdit, but that did not help. So now i am typing this question, from a freshly installed windows but it just got 10x more weird.

I tried a Cinebench R20 score, just to do it, no reason. And as soon as that CPU got working, the ping on my wifes PC exploded.

I dont know what is going on, and i have no idea where to start. I posted this in the CPU forum since the ping on my network increases whenever the CPU load increases.

It shouldnt have anything to do with each other, but, it just seems it is?

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Outcomes