Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

userx1980
Adept I

RX5700 GPU clock frequency stuck at around 1000mhz in gaming

Hi, 

Just received the RX5700 today and when i run DCS World or any other game, the GPU clock never reaches what it is supposed to reach ( 1625mhz) and instead is throttling down all the time and stays around 1000mhz.

Could you please let me know how to get a constant 1625mhz in all circumstances? I am considering a refund because of this so I would really appreciate if you could please tell me how to solve this.

I have the latest drivers of July7th and did not overclock or touch anything in the settings. Thank you for your reply. 

0 Likes
6 Replies
userx1980
Adept I

Ok nevermind, I found something that may help by manually setting the minimum core clock at 1625mhz/948Mv in Global Watt Man. I will monitor the temps and see how it works though in game (flight simulator DCS World) it still shows sub1300-1400ish mhz at times but now it runs better. 

userx1980
Adept I

No actually it does not solve the problem at all.  Can anyone help me please and let me know how i can get this card to work on its maximum game load at all times at the rated frequency in the specifications at all times?? 

The GPU clock is supposed to be at 1625mhz yet it is almost never there (only for like 1-2 seconds) , it is always way below this frequency (sometimes as low as 300mhz)  and that is really annoying me. 

The CPU Ryzen 2400g was doing the same thing (which was creating slowdowns in games) until I slightly overclocked it to 3.7ghz and disabled SMT/auto boost and cool n quiet, and now it is constantly running at this frequency as it should.

I really need this card to extract its maximum potential at all times in this simulator, that is the very reason I bought it.

Please let me know if it is possible to make this card work as advertised. I really need to know this quickly as I must make a decision on the refund. 

As with all graphics cards, if it doesn't work as advertised out of the box, return it. Don't get caught up in the "wait for new drivers" situation.

m1adam
Adept II

i read about pcie risers causing the card to not perform to its optimum speed, pcie riser is pcie 3.0

0 Likes
userx1980
Adept I

Okay I have found the source of the problem!  It now works very well at max frequency in DCS World and other simulators/games. 

If you have a Gigabyte B450M motherboard, Do NOT use bios F32!

Upgrade to bios F40 as i did and suddenly the RX5700 works very well at full load with the core clock around 1700mhz and outputting very good FPS even above expectations. 

Installing bios F32 is a necessary step to install bios F40 though, so keep that in mind, just do not stop at bios F32 and go all the way to F40, then your Radeon 5700 will work perfectly well as advertised. 

0 Likes

i have Gigabyte  Aorus B450 M and bios F42 but my gpu stucks at around 1000mhz in gaming unless if i played at 4k

0 Likes