cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

fan242
Adept I

5700 xt with latest update direct3d not working

After updating my powercooler 5700 xt to the latest drive when trying to run dxdiag, I get this prompt (image below) and if i don't bypass dxdiag closes.dxdiag.PNG  And if I do bypass i get this image Annotation 2019-07-11 172336.jpg

but on radeon settings i get a direct3d verison. Capture.PNG

I cant run anything with direct3d unless I uninstall the update. 

Can someone tell me if this is the graphics card problem and I need to rma it or a software problem.

Thank you

22 Replies
m1adam
Adept II

im having random crashes with my 5700xt black screen to be exact

black screen then pc reboots?

I had that as well, black screen and then PC reboots. I had to tune down my RAM OC from 3200 to 3000 and that fixed it for me.

0 Likes
mohl5
Journeyman III

Just an FYI, I am having the exact same issue after the update.  I cannot play CS:GO or run a benchmark that used to run fine due to the lack of Direct3d.  

0 Likes
gigamonster
Journeyman III

I had the same issue. Took me forever to figure out. Use this link https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html for a full clean uninstall of your drivers. Then reinstall them using amd's download on their website. That was what worked for me.

0 Likes

I already used ddu in safe mode to uninstall then reinstall the driver. the 'trick' that did it for me was to not download the Radeon software link (419mb) not the auto-detect link, which I don't understand at all. but after installing it this way, I get crashes that crash the pc, I don't know how to dump a log file for the pc crashes.  I can run the heaven's benchmark with the extreme preset with no problem. but still crashes during gaming

Are you getting crashes while gaming?

0 Likes
beyond
Journeyman III

I have the exact same problem - hoping it's just a driver fix

0 Likes

Try ddu and install the driver with the Radeon software link (419mb) not the auto-detect link, that worked for me but I am getting crashes in game 

0 Likes
nuro0o
Journeyman III

Tried the DDU uninstalled everything, installed the 419 software link. But nope, even though it shows direct3d is present on the software, dxdiag and games tell me otherwise.

0 Likes

Try installing motherboard chipset driver from amd not motherboard site

0 Likes
steadybuilder
Journeyman III

I have this same problem. Tried afresh OS install, tried loading the drivers from the CD that came with gpu, and also tried loading drivers from AMD, both on fresh os installs. I dont seem to be having any crash's, but I cannot play any game that uses directx, mainly Everquest.

0 Likes

Try running the game in borderless/windowed this fixed the game crashes on startup for me. Look up on google where to find the game's config file to disable fullscreen.

0 Likes
j0nsnow
Journeyman III

I also am having this problem. I can’t play smite or GTA. Brand new rig and nothing is working. Thinking I made a mistake going team red smh.

0 Likes
yeats1865
Journeyman III

me too I‘ll be crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes

Actually, what fan242 said works. If you install from the full download and

not the auto-detect, it seems to work fine. No crashes yet for me and can

finally run userbenchmark.

0 Likes
lightofhonor
Journeyman III

Same issue here. Most things work fine, but some games and apps don't detect direct3d. Dxdiag shows same error.

0 Likes
ck1005
Adept I

Same here. Not every application, but some application will report cannot obtain D3D and just crash.  I am wondering am I get bad 5700XT 50 Anniversary. Hopefully not.

0 Likes
osirismelb
Adept III

0 Likes
cybermorphism
Newcomer

I met this problem with my RX 5700xt too, my StarCraft II can't launch since DirectX 3D is disabled. I updated the Radeon setting to 19.7.2 but the problem still exists.

0 Likes
hsoverma
Journeyman III

I had the same issue and ran into this forum post. My 5700 came in July 17th so I installed the 19.7.2 drivers using the auto-detect and download. This is a brand new build with 3rd Gen Ryzen and Asus Gaming TUF Mobo, fresh Win 10 install.

Found out a few days later that games requiring DirectX / Direct3D wouldn't play correctly (either crash after launching or show a pink screen). Ran DXDIAG and ran into the same issue as posted here.

I didn't run DDU but downloaded the full package from AMD website and installed using the CLEAN option during the install wizard. After rebooting twice, all is good, including DXDIAG. I still have some stability issues here and there (in general, not just with directx games) and nothing is overclocked. I figure things will improve over the next few months as new driver builds are released.

0 Likes
cognitivo
Journeyman III

TENGO RX 5700 XT

Buena, he tenido el mismo problema, la manera en que lo resolvi fue:

1- desinstalar drivers radeon con DDU O sin el

2- descargar driver booster (PROGRAMA GRATUITO) y dejar que el dri bus busque el driver adecuado e instale ese driver con el programa

Simplemente use Driver booster y probe dejar de lado el radeon adrenaline y funciono, quiza mas adelante cuando actualicen los drivers de amd utilice radeon A, por ahora pude lo uso asi y funciona muy bien.

espero les sea de ayuda, saludos

0 Likes
riggs
Adept I

Hey guys, I've had this issue and also tried all the work arounds to no success.

I figured out what's causing this problem. It's the Radeon Anti-lag feature.

Go to AMD software, Games, CS-GO, and deactivate Radeon Anti-lag. Now the game should work.

You can always activate again it in-game. Spread the word.

0 Likes