cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

davidinlv82
Adept I

Please halp me!

Hi, I have 3 monitors, 2 are the same size and 1 is different than the other 2. I want to configure eyefinity on the 2 monitors that are the same size and still have the ability to use the 3rd monitor outside the eyefinity group. Problem is there is no actual way to just select the monitors I want to use in the eyefinity group and every time I try to change any configuration to exclude the 3rd monitor all displays go dead and have to force restart my pc. The reason I want to do this is because I only use the 3rd monitor for diagnostics and system monitoring apps since that is about all it's good for these days. Is there a way to make this work that way I don't have to unplug the 3rd monitor every time I want to use eyefinity? The link is what my monitor setup looks like and hopefully you will see why I don't want to include it in the eyefinity group>>>> My setup

0 Likes
3 Replies
benman2785
Big Boss

afaik you only can put ALL monitors into eyefinity - because than all work as ONE screen

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

I get that, but why add the ability to customize the group if you cannot do so? Why force people with configs like mine to use all monitors when that option is counter productive? We should be able to configure it to best suite our particular needs... I believe that was the intent

0 Likes
lancer
Adept II

AMD needs to put a lot more effort into Eyefinity functionality and interface improvements, but until then, try this . . .   Power off your PC.  Switch off your 3rd monitor and disconnect the power cord.  On PC restart, Windows and Eyefinity will only see 2 monitors.  Make a new Eyefinity 2x1 group of your 2 same-resolution monitors.  Reconnect your 3rd monitor.  Open Windows Settings > Display, and move the 3rd monitor to where you want it, and make any needed settings adjustments.  Not certain that this will do what you want, but maybe.