cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

uberspunk
Journeyman III

High CPU utilisation (100%) during network activity Win10 - Ryzen 1600

Each time I copy files from my NAS (SMB) over a Gigabit LAN connection to local storage (WD Green 1TB), my CPU utilisation goes to 100% on all cores. During this time, the PC lags, stutters, and on rare occasions; the mouse cursor freezes and the system hangs for about 20 sec to a whole minute.

Edit: This also happens during any kind moderate network activity, e.g. performing an internet speed test.

It's a fairly fresh install of Win10 with the latest updates to version 1903, and I have also installed the latest chipset drivers for B350 - all drivers are up to date, and have also enabled all offload features on my NIC.

System info and a screenshot of the issue are attached.

0 Likes
2 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

uberspunk, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - simply drag-n-drop the image into your reply, no attachment needed.  Please do a Clear CMOS using the instructions in your User Manual.  Did you install a fresh copy of W10?  What Power Plan are you running?  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hello Misterj, 

I don't have Ryzen Master installed, and yes it is a fresh Win10 install as mentioned in my post. I have already cleared the CMOS after updating my BIOS, and gone in to set the 3200Mhz profile for my RAM as well as AHCI mode for my SATA controller. I am running the AMD power plan, but have adjusted the min processor state from 100% to 10%.

0 Likes