cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sgtshade
Adept I

Red Dragon Powercolor RX 570 4gb won't let my computer boot

I just bought this Red Dragon Powercolor RX 570 4gb off of Newegg.com and put it in my computer. I have an ASRock X370M Pro4, which is compatible with this card, i also have a Ryzen 3 2200g, 2nd gen, which should also be compatible with this card. What happens: I'll plug the PCIE power cable into the card, put it in my PC, plug it into the slot, hook up my HDMI cable to my monitor, connected to the card, not the integrated graphics, boot up my computer, and i get a bluescreen with the error code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. nothing I do seems to fix this. I haven't tried reinstalling my windows 10 yet, my bios has the latest update, my current radeon drivers have the 19.6.1 update, which should work completely fine. If anyone has a solution for this or any suggestions please let me know, i can't refund this and if it doesn't work then that's a waste of $120. Thank you.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Have you changed mobo bios setting to run the card, not igpu.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Does your computer boot up with no AMD Driver installed?  Use DDU to uninstall in safe mode with Internet disconnected and with the RX 570 installed?

Also what is the exact Error code you are getting 0x0xxxxxxx Service_System_Exception with file that is mentioned.

I was going to post to install PowerColor outdated GPU driver but it may not be compatible with the Ryzen 3 2200g APU Integrated Graphics. The latest 2200g Driver is the same for the RX570 from here: Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.6.3 Release Notes | AMD 

Is your RAM Memory listed for Raven Ridge QVL List for your motherboard from here: ASRock > X370M Pro4 

The latest BIOS is version 5.70. Did you first updated the All in One VGA Driver that includes the latest Graphic and Chipset Drivers for your motherboard BEFORE updating the BIOS? ASRock > X370M Pro4 

You need to click on the "BLUE" AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver.18.50.16.01. to start downloading the driver.

If you didn't update the driver first before updating to BIOS 5.70 you need follow the "BLUE" Display recovery SOP.

I currently have the RX 570 installed and it is working, no AMD drivers installed after using the DDU you suggested. Thank you for the help elstaci

0 Likes

DDU eliminates all traces of the AMD Driver so you must install the AMD Driver again. I suggest downloading and installing the All-in-One AMD VGA Driver that also includes the CHIPSET Drivers for your motherboard.

See if you still are getting the BSODs. If it installs correctly and no BSODs that you are fine to go. But if you still get BSODs than try installing a previous Ryzen 3 2200g AMD Driver and see which one doesn't cause a BSOD from here: AMD Ryzen™ 3 2200G Previous Drivers | AMD 

Take care.