cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

gryghost99
Journeyman III

Sapphire Nitro+ RX 590 SE fans

Are the fans on the Sapphire Nitro+ RX 590 SE interchangeable with the RX 580?

What I am trying to do is change out the LED fans for non-LED.  The blue LEDs are to bright.

0 Likes
9 Replies

Turn off the LED with their utility.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

The TRIXX utility only controls the LED back light on the logo, not the fans.

That is something that they should consider for future versions of these cards.

0 Likes

Plus in addition, by replacing the Sapphire Fan you will probably void your GPU Warranty if it is still under Warranty.

To replace the fan you need to remove the GPU Shroud and heatsink. Thus you will need Thermal Paste and possibly Thermal Pads for other parts of heat sensitive components.

0 Likes

They are quick change fans, no shroud/heatsink removal needed.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Thanks for the clarification.

Just saw a YouTube video on removing the Sapphire Pulse RX580 Fans. Very easy to do. I guess other will be following Sapphire's method eventually.

Trixx Nitro Glow Utility controls the Nitro GPU Models which controls the color of the RGB Logo.

0 Likes
gryghost99
Journeyman III

Hate to bump this, but does anyone have the answer?

0 Likes

Without replacing the fans with a Non-LED Fan, I was wondering if you can remove the Fan from the GPU Card and then very carefully using Black Model Car paint and a small brush, paint a very thin layer or coat to the part of the Clear/White plastic around where the LEDs are located around the motor.

This should prevent the light from shining and illuminating the Fan's blades.  Make sure you don't paint anything else including the blades. You don't want wet paint getting into the casing preventing the fan from turning. Just the base where the blades connect to the Clear Plastic casing and where the LED shine from.

Otherwise, your only other choice is to buy Non-LED fans for your GPU Card.

0 Likes

The Sapphire 580 nitro has same fan size and quick connect, would be best to contact Sapphire Tech support for more info.

0 Likes
batkinson001
Journeyman III

They appear to be interchangeable.  My rx 590 special edition fans are on the way out after only 8 months so I am looking for replacements.  I found some non led ones by inrobert on amazon.  I am going to keep looking for led ones though.

0 Likes