Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

crackrebellion
Journeyman III

Low FPS in new radeon driver 19.6.2

hello, AMD community

I get low fps in new radeon driver 19.6.2 in every games i don't know why?

My system space :

Intel core i3-4160 3.60Ghz

8Gb DDR3 RAM

Radeon RX 470 4gb GDDR5

1TB HDD

PSU circle 500w

Windows 10 Pro 64bit (1809 build version)

0 Likes
1 Reply

Hi.

Make sure Radeon Chill is off. It will kill your "Keyboard Only Input" FPS, and will limit it to Chill_Min +(15-25) FPS, depending on Chill_Max of (60-300).  
Also, depending on how it is working or not Chill might work correctly according to the Adrenalin 2019 release notes and limit rapid mouse movement to Chill_Min. Some times it behaves that way, other times it will be limited to Chill_Max = Local FRTC  or the Global FRTC Target, depending on what you set. 

Unfortunately Radeon Settings Advisor recommends turning Radeon Chill on.

Many people will just go with those settings and end up with a really poor experience.

The following shots are from a system with a RX Vega 64 Liquid as secondary GPU. 

pastedImage_2.png
Other thing to look out for is the Global FRTC setting.

pastedImage_4.png Just make sure you turn Chill and FRTC off in Global Settings:
pastedImage_5.png

Other than that you may have to download latest version of DDU, download latest AMD driver,  disconnect from the internet, DDU in safe mode, reboot into normal mode, and install the AMD driver, power down PC, connect to internet, reboot.

If you stayed connected to the internet and you ran an AMD incremental clean driver install or you downloaded the AMD driver and just installed it, Microsoft Windows 10 can dive in and install an older "Microsoft AMD Driver" and the AMD Adrenalin installer doesn't see it. It then proceeds to install over the "Microsoft AMD Driver".

Bye.

0 Likes