Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mkh615
Journeyman III

Problem with AMD R5 M330 Graphics Card

Hello,

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 305-15IBD with AMD R5 M330 Graphics Card installed. Whenever I try to install any driver compatible it either won't install due to error 1603 (I have tried everything mentioned to fix the error but didn't work) or if it installs, it will slow down the whole PC and when I try to play a game (like The Sims 4), the game won't run smoothly and after some minutes I get either THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER or TDR_FAILURE  BSODS.

My current OS version is Windows 10 Build 1903.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Laptop graphics update...How to 

""Laptops have different requirements/procedures than desktop computers when updating graphics drivers. It all depends on the processors....either Intel or AMD."'

For laptops with Intel/AMD graphics:

2. The Intel graphics drivers should be the latest offered by Intel Support.

Use their 'Driver Download Tool' to get the latest version. These must be installed before the AMD drivers.

Lenovo support/drivers laptops and netbooks :: 300 series :: 305 15ibd Lenovo PC Support - US 

0 Likes

kingfish Thank you for your reply.

I have tried this and did everything according to the guide but still same results.

Could this problem be due to a faulty hardware(AMD R5 M330)? And if it is, can the graphics card be changed? Because according to Lenovo, my laptop has AMD R5 M330 as a discrete graphics card, so I guess it could be changeable.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards. 

0 Likes