cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cometkazi
Newcomer

Cannot update driver for AMD Radeon HD 6670

Hi all, I am trying to update to the driver version 15.301.1901.0 . My current driver is 9.012.0.0000 . I tried to install the AMD Catalyst and Crimson Beta recommended to me on AMD's Drivers and Support page (windows 7 64bit edition). Howevevr I cannot seem to find this particular driver. I tried downloading the Driver Auto-Detect tool but it does not work for me - after it installs it only shows a gray box, no icons inside. Any help and advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
6 Replies

This is where and how to select the correct driver....this assumes you do not have a laptop.  > INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION 

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops 

0 Likes

Hi there,

Yes, I did this - all it gave me was the Catalyst and Crimson Beta drivers,

which I installed. I am unsure if I am just misunderstanding the process,

but my driver is still showing up in my device manager as the old version.

Is there any other driver I need to install at this point besides the

Catalyst and Crimson drivers?

0 Likes

You only install one driver. Are you trying to install both of them?

https://community.amd.com/thread/180667 

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

0 Likes

Kingfish's instructions should have given you 15.7.1 whql. Use that and nothing else.

Don't go for the crimson beta.

Betas often don't update the version number so you get anomalies like you mention.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB

Why is the AMD Radeon update experience so dire.  Surely a software company can get this right?  

Using the updater it constantly shows that updates are available.  Every time I go through the update process it downloads the update, seems to apply it.  But then re-starting it shows the old version 15.3 and that updates 15.7, 16.6.2 are available.  It never seems to work.  I had this before and had to do a clean windows install.  Surely this can't be right.  please advise  

0 Likes