cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

v0id3dlif3
Journeyman III

amd a8-6410 apu with amd radeon r5 drivers ubuntu 18.04

Hello I'm trying to run amd a8-6410 apu with amd radeon r5 drivers on ubuntu 18.04. 

heres what I have so far.

Hello I'm running Peppermint 10 which is based on ubuntu 18.04 lts.

I have installed the A8-6410 with Radeon™ R5 Graphics Previous Drivers from amd's website.

AMD Radeon Software Crimson Proprietary Ubuntu 14.04 x86_64 Video Driver for Graphics Accelerators
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Proprietary Ubuntu 14.04 x86_64 Minimal Video Driver for Graphics Accelerators (Non-X Support)
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Proprietary Ubuntu 14.04 x86_64 Video Driver for Graphics Accelerators Devel Files (OGL, OCL)
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Proprietary Ubuntu 14.04 x86_64 Radeon Setting

all is required by amd to install the full support of the drivers, Revision Number15.11

I know it's for an old version of ubuntu, but 18.04 does not detect the apu. The install went ok somewhat lol, but it didn't give any errors other then the normals of not being i386 etc, after installation it picks up and uses the gpu, expect that it no longer picks up the second display "TV in my case with hdmi". I'm not a very advanced user at this.

I found this, but the laptop I'm using is not on the list. Which is https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04316812

Then I also noticed that it does not pick up refresh rates etc, I'm also posting this on pepperment forums.

any help would be awesome thanks, if I need to run any commands or anything I will.

Is there any support for Ubuntu 18.04 lts? Will there be any support in the future? Could I get a custom set of upgraded drivers?

0 Likes
0 Replies