Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

crossiiko
Journeyman III

Performance issues with Ryzen 7 2700X

Hello,  

I decided to go into the AMD world 2 months ago by purchasing a Ryzen 7 2700X and a motherboard (MSI X370 gaming carbon pro) as well as a new power supply (Cooler master 550W gold)
Here is the rest of my configuration:
-CG nvidia GTX 1060 6gb
-16 gb RAM (hyperx fury 8gb ddr4 2400mhz x2)
-windows 10 x64
-2 SSD and 1 HDD

I had an Intel Core i3-7320 (dual core 4.1 GHz) and a 450w power supply before.

Once everything was installed I made a fresh install on my SSD

You have to know that I'm a big csgo player and that every frame counts, so before with my i3 I was travelling at 120 fps and when I started streaming I was in the 100 (it still happens even if it's not crazy)
Now with my 2700X I am well at 180 fps however when my browser (opera) and my anticheat (faceit for those who know) are activated I go down to -100 fps, I have to minimize them to have 170 fps about, and if I want to stream, well I can't because I go down to ~80 fps.
But the most obvious difference is when I run rust in "low", I run at 60 fps while with my old i3 I made it run in "beautiful" at 100 fps which is an incredible difference

I downloaded Ryzen master and this is what it gives me: https://image.noelshack.com/fichier [...] -13-06.png
I flashed my bios too, but nothing works.
And I activated the core performance boost in my bios too

Here I don't know what to do anymore and it saddens me enormously to see a great processor on the paper that doesn't deliver the power I'm looking for.

I am counting on you Ryzen's masters to help me, a novice like me, in my quest for fps.

Have a good day <3

0 Likes
5 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

crossiiko, please do not be sad.  After we understand what is going on,we can deal with it.  Here are your processor's specifications: 

pastedImage_1.jpg

Your link is dead, so please simply drag-n-drop your Ryzen Master (RM) into your reply.  Please do a Clear CMOS using instructions in your user manual.  What is your CPU cooler?  After I have a look at your RM screenshot I will give you my opinion.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

ryzen master 13.06.PNG

here are the RM,

I have the Wraith Prism cooler from the 2700X 

I ll make a clear CMOS

0 Likes

Thanks, crossiiko.  RM shows EDC in RED, at 99%.  This means that the processor is throttling due to the limit on EDC (140 Amperes).  Throttling means that the CPU Voltage and Clock is being reduced to not go over the limit.  If you are willing to OC (BIOS) then raise the limit.  Your CPU should boost to 4.3 MHz but is only running at 3.7 MHz.  Please do not forget the RM warnings about voiding you warranty.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Yeah i see but i dont want to overclock my cpu, i just want him to run at his normal state without being throttling, 

I'm sorry if i'm not clear but i'm a novice in everything related to ryzen and its functioning... so i apologize if its quite difficult to understand me ^^'.

0 Likes

crossiiko, have you tried running without Game Mode?  Does it run much better with Game Mode?  As I hope you know, I do not work for or speak for AMD.  I suspect it is running in its "normal" state.  The throttling allows it to run as fast as possible without damage.  I suggest you talk to AMD Online Support and see what they think.  Please ask them if just changing the EDC maximum will void your warranty.  Maybe they will clarify.  I notice your memory is running at 2400 MHz.  If this is not the maximum memory speed your processor supports, you might consider faster memory.  AMD support will help you here.  Please let us know what you learn.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes