AnsweredAssumed Answered

Performance issues with Ryzen 7 2700X

Question asked by crossiiko on Jun 13, 2019
Latest reply on Jun 14, 2019 by misterj

Hello,  

I decided to go into the AMD world 2 months ago by purchasing a Ryzen 7 2700X and a motherboard (MSI X370 gaming carbon pro) as well as a new power supply (Cooler master 550W gold)
Here is the rest of my configuration:
-CG nvidia GTX 1060 6gb
-16 gb RAM (hyperx fury 8gb ddr4 2400mhz x2)
-windows 10 x64
-2 SSD and 1 HDD

I had an Intel Core i3-7320 (dual core 4.1 GHz) and a 450w power supply before.

Once everything was installed I made a fresh install on my SSD

You have to know that I'm a big csgo player and that every frame counts, so before with my i3 I was travelling at 120 fps and when I started streaming I was in the 100 (it still happens even if it's not crazy)
Now with my 2700X I am well at 180 fps however when my browser (opera) and my anticheat (faceit for those who know) are activated I go down to -100 fps, I have to minimize them to have 170 fps about, and if I want to stream, well I can't because I go down to ~80 fps.
But the most obvious difference is when I run rust in "low", I run at 60 fps while with my old i3 I made it run in "beautiful" at 100 fps which is an incredible difference

I downloaded Ryzen master and this is what it gives me: https://image.noelshack.com/fichier [...] -13-06.png
I flashed my bios too, but nothing works.
And I activated the core performance boost in my bios too

Here I don't know what to do anymore and it saddens me enormously to see a great processor on the paper that doesn't deliver the power I'm looking for.

I am counting on you Ryzen's masters to help me, a novice like me, in my quest for fps.

Have a good day <3

Outcomes