cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

unsub213
Journeyman III

why is my computer displaying 2 different frequencies

i recently had to update my bios and since then my bios is set to stock settings but task manager and all other monitoring software has it recorded at 4GHZ and the fans are running at full speed i've tried flashing my bios multiple times installed and reinstalled chip set drivers and i can't get it to change and i can't edit it through ryzen master because the settings are read only. is there anything i should be doing that i am missing? because i'm stumped and pretty frustrated i even reformatted my C drive thinking it could have just been a bug that got stuck to one of my programs.

0 Likes
5 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

unsub213, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - simply drag-n-drop the image into your reply.  RM is the only report application that should be trusted.  Also do a Clear CMOS using the instructions in the User Manual.  Post all your specifications.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

screen shot.jpg

0 Likes

System specs are 

MSI GTX 1070ti titanium 

AMD ryzen 2700x

Asus x470 prime pro

16 GB tridentz RGB @ 3600mhz

Sasonic 650w PSU

NZXT Kraken x72

Samsung EVO 1tb SSD

0 Likes

cleared my cmos via the jumper method and also cleared by removing the battery just flashed my bios went back into bios settings made sure everything is set to 3.7 re opened ryzen master again and its still sitting at 4025

0 Likes

im not having any stability issues just i can't control the fan speed so my computer sounds like a wind turbine

0 Likes