cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

fpresiado
Adept I

amd usb 3.0 extensible host controller x399-e driver?

Hello, i have the asus x399-e mobo. i noticed i have  microsoft drivers installed for device amd usb 3.0 extensible host controller. i have tried to install drivers from amd chipset drivers and when i restarted i could not use usb keyboard or mouse. couldnt get back into windows even in safemode. had to reinstall windows because i couldnt get into windows due to keyboard and mouse not working with current driver.. i might have installed the wrong drivers. could someone point me to the right name for the driver i need to install. this is the driver i installed. now that im looking at the driver i installed i believe that is the wrong one. not to sure though. last image, the driver that i selected those are the 3 drivers im trying to update. driver is provided by microsoft. 

tried multiple drivers and they are all the same. those drivers do not update with any package i install. amd or asus site. onyl thing that is installed is the amd bus. the asmedia driver was installed when i asked windows to search online for a newer driver and it found one. i tried with others and nothing is available. 

#asus x399-e

seems like amd posting pictures post them as selecting first pic is last. so start looking from right to left when checking out the pics.

0 Likes
4 Replies

The best thing to do is go to the motherboard support site and download the latest chipset drivers Download Center | Official Support | ASUS Global 

You can try the update from AMD as a second choice:

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops 

0 Likes

HELLO king fish. as provide above in my origonal message.  i tried both amd and asus drivers. none of them install automaticaly

0 Likes

yeah

0 Likes