Build Information (Desktop):

GPU - AMD Radeon HD 7800 series DirectCU II

OS - Windows 10 64bit version 1903

Display - Acer S220HQL 1920x1080 @50Hz, DVI to HDMI adapter

Motherboard - gigabyte h77n-wifi bios version F2

CPU - Intel Core I7-3770

PSU - I don't know

RAM - 8GB

When I either try to install or use the driver i already have installed the screen will go black and stay black, the monitor is still on as i can see the back-light but the screen is black with no mouse, i can boot into safe mode and disable the driver to get back to normal windows. When I try to boot with the drivers enabled the windows logo appears but then goes to the black screen. I have tried the drivers: 18.12.1.1, 19.4.1, 19.4.3, 19.5.2 and 19.6.1 with all of them being the adrenalin software. I have to installed the drivers for the AMD Radeon HD 7850 as they are the drivers when i tried the auto detect and the website doesn't have just 7800.

0 Likes
3 Replies

7800 is the series , if autodetect is giving 7850 that should be correct

You can check it with GPU-Z  'Lookup'.

You may need to try a Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers (do not use auto detect for this).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I tried the clean install but it still crashed and I didn't use auto detect i installed the newest driver for the GPU. Even when i tried to uninstall the AMD software from the apps it crashed the machine and then when i booted it back up and tried installing it, it crashed before i could even press express or custom install

0 Likes
thereapereh
Adept I

AMD and windows needs to get this issue solved together ... after win10 update everything on amd side is crashing.
Also have HD7850 card - tried installing EVERY single driver listed for 64 bit operating systems - only winxp64 driver installs(manually) - but just as bad as the "microsoft Basic display" driver 

0 Likes